News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A new layout for the new house!

Started by wiley209, December 02, 2017, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will3iamLuvzTrainz

Hey these ar really great pictures!

I like the Amtrak train and I like the crossings! Nice way of mixing crossing signals, including Tyco flashing signals with Life-like non-operating signals and a Tyco crossing gate with a Life Like crossing signal and a Bachmann crossing gate!

I might have an Amtrak P40 similar to yours, or almost. Mine is an Athern and I have five Walthers Superliners

wiley209

You're welcome!
Also, here are a few more updates, especially since I gave a demonstration of my layout to my dad's friends last weekend...

I got more adhesive roads from Walthers/Busch, and laid them out on the remaining blank spots of my layout.

Another shot of the coal yard.

Just another shot of the railyard at an interesting angle.

The Amtrak train rolls through the residential section of my town.

Busy evening at the drive-in theater!

The Amtrak train speeds past a small campsite in the woods...

Another shot of the Amtrak train stopped at the Life-Like Snap-Loc commuter station.

Another overview, from a different angle I don't think I tried before.

Trainman203

Wiley, I am curious if you've ever done a count of the number of structures on your layout.

Joe323

Wiley:

Long time no hears. Hope all is good

If your last post was supposed to have pics I can't see them

Joe

wiley209

Quote from: Joe323 on July 09, 2018, 08:51:56 AM
Wiley:

Long time no hears. Hope all is good

If your last post was supposed to have pics I can't see them

Joe

The Tyco Forums have been down for some time now; they host my images. That's why they've disappeared.

wiley209

Christmas is coming to the layout!

A photo I took almost a month ago before prepping it for the holidays, showing my auto-carrier train passing the regular freight train. It consists of the Bachmann BNSF GP40 (again, this was my first DCC locomotive), an Athearn auto-carrier car, a TYCO auto-carrier car and a Life-Like auto-carrier car, followed by the Bachmann BNSF caboose.

My current Christmas train consist. An IHC Santa Fe Consolidation 2-8-0 steam locomotive and tender (analog) pulling an AHM Holiday 1979 boxcar, a Bachmann Merry Christmas boxcar, a Mantua/TYCO Season's Greetings boxcar, a TYCO 50th anniversary boxcar, a Bachmann animated reindeer stock car, a Life-Like Christmas gondola, and IHC Santa Fe streamlined cupola caboose.

The downtown train station has been decorated with a "Santa's Landing" roof!

Christmas at the town church!

An apple orchard at the farm!

There's also a farmstand out front now, too!

The freight train loads coal into the hopper as the Christmas train chugs past.

Both trains passing each other.

Ken Huck

Well, I'm not sure if your 'picture hosting site' us up or not.  I can't see any pictures if there were supposed
to be any in your Dec 7th post. 

Ken

Len

Photobucket is allowing linking to 'free' accounts again. You might want to consider using it until the Tyco site comes back, if it doesn.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

wiley209

Terry Toenges

Very busy layout. So many neat little scenes to take in. I just checked your pics. It keeps your mind busy instead just sitting and watching the trains go around.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Your pictures aren't showing up here, and there is no way I am signing up at another website just to be able to see them.

Sid

Joe323

wiley209

Got me a new Bachmann engine...

A Bachmann Spectrum Baldwin Consolidation steam locomotive, in the ATSF roadname of course! This is the mid-2000s DCC-ready version. Aside from missing a couple details, when I first got it I was told it had a short in the tender, but it turns out it was because the wheels in the tender trucks were positioned incorrectly. So I re-installed them as shown on the diagram, plugged a TCS DPX2-UK decoder into the board, and now it runs very well. (Though after plugging in the decoder, I had to remove the original yellow capacitor as instructed on the TCS website, as the decoder has its' own capacitor built in.)
Very nicely detailed, and the shell even feels metallic. (Was it die-cast or something?)
Bachmann still makes this locomotive today, but it's no longer branded as a Spectrum model, but still has the same high quality.

Hey look! Santa Claus is in town! But wait, is it REALLY Santa? The neighbors say it's just the father of the kids living in that house, and every year on Christmas Eve he dresses up as Santa and goes down their chimney to lay the presents under the tree.

The Consolidation pulling my Christmas train through the town as the BNSF local freight passes on the other track.

Another nice shot of the Christmas train with its' new DCC motive power. It's so real-looking!

Ken Huck

Yay !  I can now see the pictures !  Only the last four though.  But, I can see 'em.
Keep them coming...

Ken

wiley209

Quote from: Ken Huck on December 14, 2018, 09:16:06 AM
Yay !  I can now see the pictures !  Only the last four though.  But, I can see 'em.
Keep them coming...

Ken

Yep, I'm back to Photobucket! I don't mind the watermark either.

I also shot a video this morning for my YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIt7vAx9SzY