News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old Transformer

Started by MarcShaw, December 06, 2017, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcShaw

I'm sure this subject is too simple for most of the Board members but I hope someone can straighten me out. We have an old (20 yrs+) train set with a "hobby transformer no. 6607. It has 4 leads to connect to the cord that goes to the track. They are the AC Access, two unmarked leads, then DC Track is labeled. 4 leads total.  All we want to do is plug the set in correctly and avoid hurting the transformer or train set either. Can anyone help? Thanks

Hunt

If two rail track  - connect one track rail lead to the transformer terminal labeled DC and the other track rail lead  to the unmarked terminal  next  to the transformer terminal labeled DC.

The Bachmann hobby transformer no. 6607 is best used with HO scale. Because of its age, suggest having the transformer tested to determine it is working properly and still safe to use.  Any place that repairs electronics can test it.

doug c

"...Because of its age, suggest having the transformer tested to determine it is working properly and still safe to use.  Any place that repairs electronics can test it. ..."

Also consider looking into the $ for a brand new replacement,   'cause unless you have a good repor'  with the repair shop to test the safety and usability of the unit, they will (understandably) have to charge you for the time.  

Unless they see the prospect of a happy return client .... usually in a smaller town/city locale .

Good Luck and happy/smooth rails

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Greg Elmassian

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

doug c

Well I presume,  I  now know what this unit looks like  ;D

Or Greg is offering a 'new' one to you - 'gratis',   and is speechless with himself ?

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Greg Elmassian

Just posted the picture to confirm which 2 terminals go to the track.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com