News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Maintenance

Started by Shelbey, December 09, 2017, 08:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelbey

Hi,

I have the Bachmann Trains Ringling Bros. And Barnum and Bailey , Large "G" Scale Ready-to-Run Electric Train Set. I hear some squeaking, how should I clean and what oil should I use on the train? Tracks?

I have a flocked tree- is the snow that falls going to be an issue with the gears? How can I be sure to maintain our train for years to come?

I'm new to the train world- my Son is 2 and I bought this awesome train for him last year.

Please help! Thank you, Shelbey

Flare

The squeak is probably coming from one of the cars' wheels, oil is not a good idea for those because it dries out and congeals.

What you can do instead is pop the offending axle out and spray a puff of powdered graphite into the axle holder.

If the squeaking happens to be coming from the locomotive, you'll need to use oil.  Bachmann sells light and heavy oil as well as gear grease and conductive contact lube in its online store.

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=264_483

Hunt

Shelbey,

Click Here to veiw Bachmann video.

Snow from the flocked tree can be a major problem sticking to track, wheel treads, electrical pickups, etc..  Keep your train as far away as possible. Remove any on track as soon as you see it. Clean track and wheel treads often with isopropyl alcohol. Lots of videos on internet on how to do this.

A local model train store can recommend suitable lubricates, which they stock.

Enjoy the train!