UK Style Cardstock Buildings (Free)

Started by Len, December 11, 2017, 12:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

I came across this site recently, that has some very nice OO scale cardstock buildings for filling out a Sodor village. And, while donations are requested, downloading the buildings is free. While they look similar, they do have different footprints and heights.

These are some of the shops available: http://cardmodelsbytony.weebly.com/shops.html
I'm partial to the 'Fish & Chips' shop myself.

There are links at the top of the page for other building types, e.g., houses, pubs, etc.

I print them on 9"x12" cardstock I get off Amazon. To print them on letter size stock invovles shrinking them closer to HO size than OO.

"Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue", available at most craft shops, works great for putting them together. I use spring clamps from Micro-Mark to hold things while the glue drys, but in a pinch paper-clips would work.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

TerencetheTractor525

Thank you very much for sharing the cardstock buildings with the forum. They do look quite nice. However, nothing will beat the quality of the resin buildings as they look more realistic and are virtually identical to the buildings in the television series. Although, out of the eight resin buildings, the only one that I do not recall seeing on the show is the storage shed, unless someone can correct me on that. Nevertheless, thank you so much again for sharing this.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Len

Your welcome. The resin buildings are nice, but there aren't really enough of them to build a small town or village.

Len

TerencetheTractor525

You're exactly right. That's why I suggested some for the 2018 Announcements, or the future in general :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Len

Even though I use 9"x12" cardstock to print the buildings, most of them are intended to be printed on A4 size (210×297mm/8.3×11.7") material for OO scale.

So if your printer can't handle 9"x12" cardstock, A4 size will work fine. It's also available from Amazon, and other on-line sources.

Len