News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

locomotive's

Started by Legionfrog, December 28, 2017, 06:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legionfrog

I have 2 locomotives I need help with? 1st, prairie 2-6-2 & tender what holds the drivers to the wheels, (one sides off came that way)  2nd santa fe usra 0-6-0 switcher & tender, works a little bit but I think my issue is the power to the engine and or tender through the bus bar, ( doesent look to be a good connection,) (came that way) I saw drawing but need advice, Thx.

brokemoto

It is difficult to tell, from your description, what is the problem with the 2-6-2.     If you bought the thing new, you could send it back to B-mann for warranty repair/replacement.

For the 0-6-0, it would depend on what version of this that you have.  Did it come in a plastic or cardboard box?

spookshow

IIRC, the cranks are held to the drivers with metal pushstuds (IE, not screws).

The tender pickups on the stock 0-6-0 and 2-6-2 are pretty primitive and unreliable (even when working). A common modification is to replace the stock tender with one of Bachmann's "DCC Ready" tenders. These have all-wheel / low-friction pickup and provide much better conductivity. Instructions for the swap can be found here - http://www.spookshow.net/loco/bach262.html

-Mark

James in FL

The drivers are the wheels, not sure what you're asking about.
The driver wheels are attached to each other by a plastic sleeve.
If the wheels are coming out of the sleeve and falling off, it's probable that the sleeves are cracked.
If so, they will need replaced and the drivers re-quartered.
Spook is speaking of the side rods connected to the driver(s).
Clean your track and all your wheelsets.
You can polish the pin that the drawbar connects to and squeeze the wire, on the drawbar, together to get better contact.

The best most effective fix is, as the Spook stated, swap tenders to Spectrum tenders.
The performance of these two little lokies after the tender swap, is like the difference between night and day.
MBK is now blowing out the slopeback, the short can be found on eBay.

Good luck