News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New product suggestion

Started by Steamfoamer, December 23, 2017, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamfoamer

Hey B'mann

I just finished up a scratch built Fn3 laser cut model of Dan Markoff's combine Elsa.  I notice that you folks have released your Jackson and Sharp coaches in that color scheme.  I am in the process of developing the cad data for the matching coach.  I think these would make an excellent replacement for the outdated g scale coaches.  They are different enough from the Accucraft coaches to make them instantly recognizable and they are 1875 prototype that match perfectly with your American and Mogul engines.  I would attach photos but, i can't seem to resize down to 128kb.  It is posted in earlyrail yahoo group.

Mike

zubi

Mike, excellent suggestion, albeit not realistic I fear. Still, you got hold of the laser cut kit - is it still available and who makes it? Best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi

Hunt

An aside. . .

Mike,

The message you are getting is misleading.

The Additional Options... Attach:  posting feature cannot be used to post photo.

To post a photo in this forum it has to reside (stored) in an URL registered site. Most people upload to a photo/image hosting site. Then place the photo using link to photo between SMF Bulletin Board Code Image Tags in the the Bachmann forum. Tags can be typed or entered by clicking on the Add BBC tags:

Steamfoamer

Alas Zubi, it is not a kit.  If you are familiar with the mylargescale masterclasses, and the kits offered by Bronson/Tate  you will know where I started from.  I took the original cada data and completely redid it into the model I mention, then cut it at a local maker club.  The trucks are 3d printed models of the same design as Dan Markoffs combine.  They are available on my shapeways site, steamfoamer.  The pedistals are cut from aluminium the you would have to make.
If you would like photos send an email to steamfoamer@live.com

Mike

zubi

Mike, thanks for the info. Sure I know the Bronson Tate kits and MLS Masterclass, I will send you a note via email, would be happy to see the photos! Merry Christmas and best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi

Chris9017

A good suggestion, maybe a rerun of the Eureka & Palisade number #4, but more accurately done in the more prototypical colors, a model of Sonoma number #12 from the North Pacific Coast, the Jupiter number #3 from the Santa Cruz Railroad, and a Denver & Rio Grande 4-4-0.
Depending on road name, some should feature working cross head pumps like with the Moguls as well as the metal gears, tender trucks, and upgraded electronics.  Hopefully new 4-4-0s aren't too far down the road. :)

spdavie

Great suggestion Chris! I would definitely buy a more accurate E&P #4, NPC Sonoma and the Santa Cruz Jupiter #3. All really great choices! All with metal gears and quality paint of the latest 2-6-0's.

Dave