News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pacific Flyer - Power Issues

Started by Triton46, December 31, 2017, 08:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triton46

I have an HO Bachmann Pacific Flyer railroad.  Train is about 3 years old.  The power controller will show power (red light) but no power is going to the tracks (confirmed with a multi-meter).   I took the cover off of the power pack and was able to show power going to the input of the red cord. 

Does this indicate a bad cord (common?) or bad track or bad power pack?  My power pack model number is: Item No. 466605A

Trainman203

Maybe put the multi meter on the track end of the " red cord".  Power at the unit but not not on the track end must mean a bad cord, right?  Or a bad terminal rerailer?

Len

Or the plug isn't seated in the socket of the rerailer all the way.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Triton46

Quote from: Trainman203 on December 31, 2017, 10:05:05 AM
Maybe put the multi meter on the track end of the " red cord".  Power at the unit but not not on the track end must mean a bad cord, right?  Or a bad terminal rerailer?

I tried the multi-meter on the track that connects to the red cord as well as (using two paper clips) the end of the red cord that plugs into the track.  No juice in either case. 

Triton46

Scratch that...found it (was searching cable and not seeing anything).   ;D

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=188

Just wondering, is the red power wire a common failure?