Installing a sound value sounboard on a DCC Bachmann Sharknose

Started by Elnovato, January 08, 2018, 12:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elnovato

Dear Bach Man and everyone,
I bought a sound value soundboard (and a speaker) to replace the DCC-only board on a Bachmann Baldwin Sharknose. The soundboard came with no installation (wiring) instructions. On the bottom it has some initials (HL+; HL-; S+; S-; RR; LR) on one end, and some others (RR; LR; M-; M+; BL-; BL+) on the other end. Could you please indicate where I can find the proper documentation to install the sound board? I looked in some places in the Bachmann website, but could not find the eference to the specific sound value board. The model is AE32029.
Thank you all in advance.
El Novato
???

Trainman203

By the time you do all the research, and maybe burn out the decoder in the process, you might find it easier to pay a tech type 50 bucks to do it for you.

Len

On some Bachmann boards you'll find some, or all, of these markings:

R:    Right Rail
L:    Left Rail
M+: Motor Brush Connected to Right Rail
M-:  Motor Brush Connected to Left Rail
L+:  Light Positive
L-:   Light Negative
B+: Battery Positive*
B-: Battery Negative*

*Some boards allow the addition of a reed switch On/Off controlled battery pack for operation, rather than using track power.

Making an educated guess, it sounds like your board is using:

RR:    Right Rail
LR:    Left Rail
M+: Motor Brush Connected to Right Rail
M-:  Motor Brush Connected to Left Rail
HL+:  HeadlLight Positive
HL-:   HeadLight Negative
S+: Speaker Positive
S-: Speaker Negative
BL+: Backup Light Positive
BL-: Backup Light Negative

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Elnovato

Dear Len,
That was it. Against all odds, I did it and was a success. Thank you for your help!
Elnovato

Len

Congrats! And your welcome. You might want to save the info somewhere for next time. And to pass it on to someone needing help in the future.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203