Great Northern Green on your Jackson Sharp Passenger Cars..

Started by LOCOENGR, January 10, 2018, 12:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOCOENGR

To "the Bach-man" Administrator, or anyone else who has the answer.   I have quite a few Great Northern G scale Jackson Sharp Passenger cars.
I would prefer that they were not all #14.   I want to paint over the current numbers and re-number them.  Is there any paint on the market that is a good match for your Great Northern Green and the yellow/gold used for the numbers?  I saw in another thread you said you painted prototypes of NP&S with Krylon Hunter Green...I'm hoping there is an easy match for the Great Northern......I also purchased a generation 6 Anniversary Annie that I will be repainting as a Great Northern and changing out the shell of the tender with and older generation Great Northern tender shell to get the Great Northern Emblems.
Locomotive Engineer for BNSF

the Bach-man

Dear Loco,
I'll have to check next week when I return from the World's Greatest Hobby Show in Charlotte.
It's probably Floquil or Scalecote Empire Builder green...
If I can find a sample I'll let you know.
Don't fail to remind me next Tuesday!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Greg Elmassian

Pretty sure Floquil went out of production in 2013:

Friday, May 17th, 2013

Dear Valued Partner,

I am writing to inform you about changes that are taking place at the Testor Corporation. For over 80
years, we have provided premium paints and finishing systems to the craft and hobby industry. Today,
we announced that we are transforming our business in order to more effectively address the changing
needs of our consumers and their interests.

We've made the decision to exit the following businesses within the Testor® Brand family - Pactra®,
Floquil®, Polyscale®, and ColorArtz®. This will enable the Testor Corporation to return to our foundation
of success – providing premium, innovative product that inspires creativity. We will continue to accept
orders and ship product for a limited time based on available quantities.

Going forward, the following brands will be critical to our success and development – Testor®, Model
Master™, and Aztek®. These brands will be infused with marketing support, innovation and operational
efficiencies.

In support of this, we have announced a consolidation of operations at our Rockford facilities. Over the
next several months we will provide updates critical to your order and delivery needs as well as product
availability. We assure you there will be no disruption to service during this transition.
Our commitment to the Testor brand has never been stronger. By implementing these changes, and the
ability to leverage all of Rust-Oleum's world class services, we are more strongly poised to take your
business to the next level through product and merchandising innovations, and increased customer
intimacy. Please contact me or your sales manager directly with any questions.

We appreciate your business!

Best Regards,

Kristin J. Schiro
Director of Sales & Marketing

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Loco Bill Canelos

True Color now make Empire Builder Green & Orange. http://trucolorpaint.com/

Here is a link to their color list:
http://trucolorpaint.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ColorChart.pdf

These should work for you.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

LOCOENGR

Locomotive Engineer for BNSF

the Bach-man

Dear Loco,
I'll spray some samples tomorrow.
The hard part will be finding a GN car for comparison!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

charon

How old are the cars?
Have they been outside much?
If the cars are older and have had much time in the sun, even if you have the exact version of the original paint it will probably not match up if you want to just paint over the original numbers and/or letters.
You will probably have to paint the entire car.
Perhaps you could try mixing up and testing small amounts of paint to get it perfect.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

the Bach-man

...still looking for a sample to compare...
the Bach-man