News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Vintage Set Value

Started by hockey584, January 11, 2018, 01:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockey584

I have an old Bachmann 137 piece train set that has never been opened. I am trying to figure out how to discover its value. I have attempted to search Ebay, but can't seem to find anything. I was given this new as a child and now I'm trying to decide if it is better to keep unopened or open it for my child and put the set together.

The Set: Bachmann King of the Rail Series: Rail Blazer Giant 137 Piece Train Set

Any info helps, thanks!

Piyer

With apologies to our host, old Bachmann train sets ain't worth half of what you paid for them retail-wise. That said, many of us who model in HO got our start in HO via such sets, and so their true value comes from the doorways they opened into the land of the imagination. So, open the box, setup the train, and I hope it is the start of a long and magical journey for you and your child for many decades to come.
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.

Terry Toenges

I agree. The joy that comes from interacting with your child by putting it up is worth far more than the few dollars you would get by selling it. The memories your child will have will continue on for years and you can't put a price on that.
Feel like a Mogul.

Joe323

The sad truth is that this is the Lionel effect.  Unlike classic toy trains like Lionel Most HO has little collector value.  Enjoy the set with your child.

Trainman203

It may not run.  Track and motors oxidize if not used.