News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO [i]Prussian[/i]

Started by bbmiroku, January 13, 2018, 05:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmiroku

So I noticed that, while a very good small engine, but big enough to bridge gaps from insulated frogs, it seems to be a little light.

Any kind of a grade, and the wheel just spins.

Any idea of how much weight I should add to it to help?

Trainman203

I assume you mean the Russian Decapod.  If you have a DCC one you can adjust cv 2, 209, 210 and 212 to get much better performance.  After doing that, mine can pull 9 or 10 cars up a 2 percent.  You can also hide some extra weight under the cab roof.

You can also apply " bullfrog snot" traction tire material to the center drivers.

bbmiroku

Actually, I mean the Prussia, one of the Classic Collector Series of Bachmann Trains in HO Scale.  It is DC powered.

Len

With the motor in the 'haystack' firebox, the boiler is pretty much empty. I would start with a 1/2 oz of split shot towards the front of the boiler, to counteract any 'wheelie' tendancy from the motor being so far back. Then add or subtract from there as needed.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

bbmiroku

Thanks.  I'll try that and then post the results.  I also visually sighted down the tracks and the grade was a lot more than I thought it was, so I re-graded the incline (put styrofoam strips under it).