News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ho layout plan feedback

Started by sedfred, January 15, 2018, 10:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedfred

What do you guys think of my layout plan now? It is fully completed and ready to be built in the coming months!!! ;D and if you remember my earlier posts a few years back you will see it has changed quite a bit. https://www.flickr.com/photos/141984945@N08/27938543549/
Any feedback or criticism? I will not be offended.

Len

Is the switch on the top edge, just below and to the right of "Street Rails" for a lower level?

The track directly above the "Entrance Track" doesn't look like there's room for more than a loco and one car to the left of the switch. Is the by design?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

sedfred

It does not lead to a lower level. It is meant to be very little space by design. I designed it as a scenic switching puzzle

Len

Terry Toenges

It looks like it would keep you busy.
Len - What would be a disadvantage to moving that turnout to the right of the one next to it?
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

Terry - It would shorten the run-around a bit, which might be a problem. Other than that...

Len

sedfred

Also i'm just curious, but do you think the street running would look good with wooden crossing boards between the rails instead of pavement? I think it would give it a nice old look like trains have been going by for many years (and my layout is set in the 50's!)

Trainman203

Looks like a typical small town Sedfred.

If you want to be "old time", the street would more likely be dirt and gravel, between the rails as well.  The flangeway might be defined by some timbers running parallel to the inside of the rail.  We had that back home in a couple of locations.