News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question on the Spectrum 4-4-0

Started by VTBob, January 18, 2018, 09:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

Been away for a long while, been working on getting a CDL A for a new job.

Anyway, I have a DCC on board 4-4-0 Southern locomotive. It was running fine until I had a brownout of power at my house. Since then (last summer) it deosn't move an inch. I can get it to respond via the headlight only, as in I can type in loco address 03, & then turn the headlight on & off via the handset, but other then that, I cannot get it to move in either direction. Also strange is that when placed on the programming track, it can't find the decoder make or version at all. Just reads "CANNOT FIND CV". I have an NCE Power cab set up. On straight DC power, I get a headlight, but still no movement.

I've run countless google searches as to the solution, but I can't seem to find a working solution. I've tried the CV 8 = 8 , or CV 30 = 2 resets, but alas, nothing. I've tried clearing every consist I ever had for my new layout, still no luck. I've even taken the loco apart to see if I had a burned out circuit, or broken wire, but all is in tact, including no wire shorts or pinching.

It's a beautiful little locomotive, but it'd be sure nice to get it running again.

Thanks,
Robert
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Trainman203

A new decoder would solve everything and give you sound, too .

VTBob

I used to be into the whole sound thing, but I find that it becomes irritating after a while. I like them quiet for the most part. Plus, money's tight right now, trying to fix what I have without spending a whole lot. I have a couple NCE decoders on the shelf, but I'm not sure that they'll fit in the tender.

Robert
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont