News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Plate girder bridge

Started by Penn1974, January 19, 2018, 11:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn1974

Does Bachmann make a plate girder bridge that will accept HO EZ track without having to make any modifications?

Terry Toenges

I've never seen a Bachmann plate girder bridge. I know you said no modifications, but here's an idea.
They make an E-Z Track compatible truss bridge with blinking light. Buy a cheap girder bridge from somewhere else and use the girders instead of the trusses on the Bachmann bridge.

Feel like a Mogul.

Len

In a word, no. They do have a truss bridge with a blinking light on top:
http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_366_368&products_id=6381

If you really want a plate girder bridge, you could use one of the many Atlas plate girder bridges with code 100 rail that are available.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Penn1974

Terry and Len, Thanks for your suggestions. Terry, after I saw what you suggested I went and looked in my old parts bin. I found an old Atlas plate girder bridge with brass track from the 1980's. I removed the brass track and the plastic bridge rails and sanded everything smooth. Placed a piece of EZ track on it  and it works perfect. Where it is on the layout you will only see the sides and some of the bottom of the bridge so I am not worried about a view from looking down and seeing a slight height difference for the gray ballast sitting higher on the bridge. Thanks again.

Terry Toenges

That's great. I'm glad it worked out for you.
Feel like a Mogul.