News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Repair Spectrum Passenger Car lights

Started by plint, January 25, 2018, 09:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

I opened a Spectrum passenger car and the light wires were both off.  These wires are tiny and seem tough to re-solder.  Any ideas?  

By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

Trainman203

Unless you operate in the dark a lot, passenger car lighting is really pretty useless.  Most of it is way too bright anyway.  How many of you have ever ridden a passenger train at night?  If you have, you'll know what I mean.

I disconnect lighting that might come with what I buy.  Window shades contribute to passenger car realism much more, in my thinking, especially as it hides lack of seated passengers in most cases.

plint

I will  fix these lights.  The 2 wires attach to 2 little metal bars down the window to a connection on the floor.  I just have to get these little wires set to connect on each side to the floor.  Very tiny wires to work with.

plint

I did solve the problem with Fox Valley passenger light strips.  Applied with double sided foam tape.  Easy and works great,  3 round batteries(included) is all the power.  Wave the magnet wand over 1 end and they're on.  Wave it again and they're off.  Nice LED lights. Constant.