Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019

Started by Trainboy100, February 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

TerencetheTractor525

Shoot! I apologize for that little misread, but yes. I completely concur. The model faces have much more depth and shape from the cheekbones to the indentations around the eyes. With the Spiteful Brake Van having its season 2 face, you never know what Bachmann may have in mind.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Angelob6660

I would love to have a black James. The adventure begins was a very good special.

As for the Classic line concept. I like the idea for non plated face trucks and lite to dark gray box vans, and mail vans. Maybe a plain silver tank car from season 1-5. It might been in more seasons but I don't know.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Cheeky_ULP

I thought about repaints a lot myself like a Red NWR Rosie, Black James, and LBSC Thomas, but I bit my tongue because I was afraid I might jynx it, and we'd get nothing but repainted engines in the range. I feel like if Bachmann -does- do repainted engines, they should at least accompany it with a -new- engine every so often. For example, we're already getting Paxton and Grumpy Diesel, so 2019 would be a terrible year to do more engine repaints, when the fans are craving a new engine like Stepney or Daisy. 2020 however, I feel would be a safer bet to do an engine repaint.

I even considered mentioning the Circus Train as a potential "repaint" idea that could easily work, even bringing back the Flat Bed With Paint Drums for it (but with a different load), but opted out because it might end up a bright red livery rather than the more popular grey livery. Course just by mentioning that I'm already tempting the Monkeys Paw...

Chaz

Honestly, I think a red Rosie is inevitable, especially when a lot of people complained about the Rosie model not being red when she came out.  I would hope though, like the case of celebration Thomas and Oliver (both being announced in 2015), that if they do this, they at least announce a new engine alongside her. 

On the whole though, I agree that new engine tooling should take priority over recolors, especially over characters we already have.  Of course  if they can't afford a new tooling then maybe that would be the best they can do so I can't really blame them there.  The least they could do if that's the cause is release the repainted engine, (like Red Rosie), alongside the retired pieces of rolling stock fans would want back like the flat car with paint drums or maybe the red express coaches in HO, along with Peter Sam for narrow gauge and the red coaches in large scale.

Circus wagons would be fun, though I imagine if they were to do it, they would probably throw them in as an exclusive starter set with some decorated Thomas model and 3-4 pieces of exclusive repainted stock.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

It would be neat if Bachmann considered doing freight car packs like Hornby used to do. We could get Season 1 Troublesome Trucks that way. Three in a pack, with each one having a different load, like one with a coal load, one with a quarry rock load, and one with a tarp covering something. Even do the blank wagons that way (plain silver tanker, plain black tanker, and older Season 1 box van designs).

TrainFan97

New toolings like Stepney or Daisy should definitely have higher priority over recolors, but if a new tooling isn't in the budget, Red Rosie, LBSC Thomas, or Black James should get made. Any of those three recolors would sell better than Paxton and Sidney combined. The biggest problem with Sidney is that Bachmann would be doing a Class 08 three years in a row. He's not even as popular as Paxton.

Because many people complained about Rosie being made in her old lavender livery, we might get Red Rosie eventually.

If we get another engine recolor, it should definitely be possible to announce a new engine tooling alongside it, considering Oliver and Celebration Thomas were both announced the same year.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Angelob6660

What about China Clay works truck load. Something for Bill and Ben transporting around the quarry or yard.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TerencetheTractor525

The Circus Train is another good idea for a repaint, but I feel that something celebratory like that should be announced in 2020 instead of 2019 along with the LBSC Thomas and Black James. To be honest, I would fine if those were the only HO Announcements in 2020 as long as Stepney or Daisy are announced next year along with rolling stock like the flat cars and Troublesome Truck #6. To me, doing it like this would make the most sense. A greater level of enchantment would be brought back to the range and there would only be one new tooling for the HO line in the next two years, so cost should not be a problem.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

I think another HO Rolling Stock possibility is Hannah. Bachmann has her tooling.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Angelob6660

Quote from: TrainFan97 on September 17, 2018, 06:11:19 PM
I think another HO Rolling Stock possibility is Hannah. Bachmann has her tooling.

Don't you mean Henrietta tooling. If they wanted to rerelease Henrietta with a name change like Hannah. They could but the coach doesn't have a face in which they would need to add one for Hannah.
-Kathy Selden

Kemptown Branch

I am going to put my predictions for next year here:

HO Scale

Stepney
Flat Car with Chinese Dragon
One of the 3 Large Scale Wagons yet to be released in HO Scale (Explosives Van, Toffee Tanker, Chocolate Syrup Tanker)
Troublesome Truck 6 (Hopefully a Tanker with a Model Series Face)

Narrow Gauge

Peter Sam

Large Scale

Red Coach
Red Brake Coach
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Streak

Hey guys! I'm new to the Bachmann Forums and I wanted to put in what I think we'll see/want to see come Bachmann's 2019 Thomas announcements.

HO Scale:

Stepney-

Growing up I always liked Stepney. He had a unique color and he was in one of my favorite episodes growing up (Thomas and Stepney). I not entirely sold that he'll be announced but he's affordable, classic, and everyone wants him so I'll say he has a good chance. Although I'm not worried about him getting a CGI model before being released. Stepney is owned by the Bluebell Railway so they would want Stepney in CGI to be perfect. I think we don't have to worry about another Duncan incident.

Daisy-

"Mind my swerves!" If Daisy is announced, I would be so happy. Sure Stepney is classic, but Daisy is the last character from the classic series that deserves to be in the range (except for one but we'll get to him). She might have an issue with the eye mechanism as people have pointed out but I'm sure Bachmann could figure something out or better yet: don't include an eye mechanism at all. Honestly who cares about the moving eyes anymore. Large Scale Winston didn't have any.

Ryan-

A CGI character that a lot of people enjoy. He's a tank engine, he'd be the first purple engine in the range (unless Charlie is announced), and he would be perfect to release along side Daisy. Nuff said. ;)

Whiff-

This one is my oddball pick. I doubt it will be in the 2019 announcements if at all but... I just really like Whiff's design. He's a bigger size tank engine and he has glasses. Visually he'd be very unique. Before anyone brings up the Den and Dart argument, let me just say that Whiff was introduced before Scruff. So you could release Whiff without Scruff and it wouldn't be weird like Den without Dart.

Philip-

Oh geez. Getting into the controversial picks. I'm probably the only one here who likes Philip. He's just an endearing little guy to me. I can't explain why. He just is. And Mattel seems to like to push him as he's popular with the kids. He has the same eye problem that Daisy has and with Philip I have the same solution. Don't include the moving eyes. Philip would be the most inexpensive Bachmann model and the kids would eat him up.

Nia/Rebecca-

I don't think these two will be in the 2019 news (maybe Nia) but I just wanted to talk about them. I really like Nia and Rebecca as characters and I know a whole lot of other people do to. There the hot new main characters that Mattel is pushing and Bachmann are gonna have to make them eventually.

Red Rosie-

They just need too. Nuff said. If Grumpy Diesel can happen, then surely Red Rosie can.

Trevor-

This was the other classic character I mentioned in Daisy's section. We got Bertie, we got Harold, and we got Terence. Trevor is the last one to complete the non rail quartet.

Ace-

Idk maybe. Who knows. Car modelers might like him. ???

Chinese Dragon/Troublesome Truck 6/RS-

Chinese Dragon sounds like a great idea and it would tie into the BWBA theme. TT6 would be a welcome edition especially if it's a tanker with a face. Other than that, who knows?

...and finally Stanley-

Stanley was originally going to be my oddball pick but after thinking about it, he has a pretty good shot. He's a tank engine with a unique color scheme, he has a lot of popularity in the fandom thanks to Welcome Stanley and Stanley in Space, and they made Rosie... back when she was still a background engine. Stanley is my favorite character in the whole franchise (just above Stephen and Toby). If he got in, I'd be over the moon (get it?  ;) ;D)

And that's it for HO scale, this post is getting pretty long so I'll have to save NG and Large Scale for Part 2. Thanks for reading and I hope you like my ideas.

Angelob6660

While thinking about diesel yesterday. Deciding on getting Grumpy Diesel and if don't like him I'll get the normal diesel. Since my family told me to get two since he has two different faces and couldn't decide.
Remembering that new Thomas episode The Case of the Puzzling Parts Bachmann might go with the route of repainting class 08 into Sidney. That way all the class 08 will be done Not to worry about working on another diesel.
-Kathy Selden

Streak

Quote from: angelob6660 on September 26, 2018, 12:28:57 PM
Remembering that new Thomas episode The Case of the Puzzling Parts Bachmann might go with the route of repainting class 08 into Sidney. That way all the class 08 will be done Not to worry about working on another diesel.

I didn't mention Sidney in my HO Scale list because everyone's talked about him to death. I wouldn't be mad if Sidney was made. Missing Christmas Decorations, Sidney Sings, and Case of the Puzzling Parts were all decent episodes (albeit a little bland for my tastes) so his inclusion would be welcome. I just hope they will wait on him a little bit or at the very least release him along side a new design engine. It would be weird to release another Class 40 after getting two this year.