STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2018, 12:49:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  DD40AX
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DD40AX  (Read 355 times)
dankoesterman57

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »

hello

I have the Bachmann DD40AX w/sound, i changed out the decoder and speakers, but when i run it the front truck has a slight noise, i have checked ever thing that i know of to check but just looking for ideas if any one has had this problem.  thank you
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:02:10 PM by dankoesterman57 » Logged
RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »

Check the drive shaft coupling at the worm gear to see if it is loose or crookid. If it is contact Bachmann service .It is a bad one. Had a brand new GP 9 that had one with a egged out hole that was molded improperly or drilled out crookid. It wobbled and made noise. Look i the online parts catalog for a gp 35 . They list the part as a coupling and show a actual coupler along with the drive shaft coupling. Write down the part number and call service .They may cover the defective part under warranty if your the original owner since it was a major common problem in ALL the older diesels,but just a few show up bad in the later releases this century!

Jon Cool
dankoesterman57

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »

thank you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: