DCC for Earlt Vesions of 2-8=0 & 4-8-2 Spectrum Loco

Started by Airjockey, February 12, 2018, 04:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airjockey

Particularly to the Bach Man but to anyone else that might help.

I purchased each of the Spectrum 4-8-2 Light Mountain and 2-8-0 Consolidated Locomotives shortly after they came out in 2002 or 2003.  I am finally getting around to using them and want to use them on a DCC system.  I believe they are somewhat DCC Ready, though not it the best sense.  I was recently told there should have been some information on converting them to DCC "in the box".  However, I haven't found any, and haven't found anything on line.  Which means I should have tried here first.

Can Bach Man(or someone) provide copies of what will be required to make the conversion? Any additional advice, cautions, or "you don't want to do that"s would also be appreciated since I'm not the first to attend this rodeo!

Airjockey

Advice other than learn how to spell "Early Versions" 

Flare

Under additional advice, I would use Digitrax DZ126T decoders because they're the tiniest ones I've ever seen, and I've installed 3 of them in my On30 scale trains that had tight clearances in the boiler.

http://www.digitrax.com/products/mobile-decoders/dz126t/

I don't represent Digitrax in any way, I simply like how small that decoder is and it works well.

Airjockey

Thanks for the responses.  I felt sure it was on the internet somewhere, but I'm not real great at creating searches.