News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OFFICIAL 2018 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Started by InsideTrack, February 16, 2018, 04:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainshockeylifE

When's the next train show that Bachmann will be at?

TrainFan97

We may end up getting Nia in 2019, and Rebecca in 2020. :(

I don't think we can expect Daisy anytime soon... Sidney would've been a much better decision than just a simple face change on Diesel.

Seriously, nobody asked for Grumpy Diesel.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

Okay, time for my thoughts on this year's announcements. While stating my thoughts, I will start with the negatives and then lead into the positives.

Let's start with Large Scale. I really feel that large scale ended up with the short end of the stick since they got three tankers that no large scale collector asked for. I have a feeling that these tankers are not going to do very well and will eventually be discontinued. As Chaz said, this probably due to Mattel's poor recommendations.

Next, Grumpy Diesel is not something that anyone expected. I like the idea since there were many people complaining about how Diesel looked too friendly. However, I have feeling that this one is not going to do amazing with sales. As stated already, most people are just going to buy the face plate off of the Bachmann online parts store.

Lastly, I am a little bit disappointed that Daisy or new resin buildings were not announced since my main request was to see at least one of the two. However, I am still going to remain optimistic in that there will be at least one resin building announced next year. The reason is that in February 2015, when the four new resin buildings were announced, they came out in the summer of that same year. So, perhaps Bachmann likes to plan ahead with the resin buildings. And, as for Daisy, the demand for her is too great. As a result, I am sure that if we keep on showing Bachmann how much we all want Daisy, she may have a very good chance for 2019.

Now for the positives.

To start, the rolling stock selection for the HO range is not bad at all. I'm very happy for those who will now be able to get Gordon's express coaches. These will do very well in terms of sales. No doubt about that. The Spiteful Brake Van is the other highlight. I myself will definitely consider picking this one up. Although, I could not see its face in the catalog due to blurriness. Was anyone able to see if he had the correct Season 2 face? As for the tankers, just like large scale, I don't think that these will do amazing, particularly the Sodor Diesel Co one. However, the water tanker may do well as fans will remember seeing Oliver pull them along with Toad in the episode "Toad and the Whale".

But without a doubt, the best part about this year's announcements is the narrow gauge coaches. I have a feeling that the red coach will be based of of the CGI Series, and the blue coach will be based off of the classic series. Moreover, I am sure that Bachmann will use two different toolings, which would satisfy fans even more. These will do amazing in the market and I will definitely consider picking up some. That Season 4 pic of the blue narrow gauge coach in the sunset in the 2018 catalog does it all  8).

Overall, these announcements are not terrible. However, they were not amazing either. Even so, if we continue to show Bachmann what we all want in an appropriate manner, then we may be in for a nice treat next year *cough HO Daisy cough*.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

Is there still hope for Daisy in 2019? I lost my hope.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 16, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

If that is your attitude, then the chances of it happening will only lessen  :P.

TrainFan97

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on February 16, 2018, 05:44:57 PM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 16, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

If that is your attitude, then the chances of it happening will only lessen  :P.

So, I should be more optimistic?

TerencetheTractor525

That's a pretty rhetorical question now. Isn't it?  ;).

TrainFan365

Did Large Scale Diesel get cancelled?  I noticed he's not in the catalogue.  Also I'm assuming Emily's Passenger Set got discontinued too. 

Chaz

Quote from: TrainFan365 on February 16, 2018, 05:56:02 PM
Did Large Scale Diesel get cancelled?  I noticed he's not in the catalogue.  Also I'm assuming Emily's Passenger Set got discontinued too. 

Looks like it, same with McColl's cattle wagon.  The large scale Thomas set is also discontinued so now you are just stuck with the DCC sound Thomas.  The regular HO brake van got dropped too to make room for the spiteful brake van.

Quote from: Griffin on February 16, 2018, 04:36:12 PM
No one is stupid enough to pay for a whole new engine unless they need a new Diesel anyway.

^ This.

I feel like that is really the only logical reason for someone to buy "Grumpy Diesel" if they didn't get the first one.  Same could be said for those who missed out on Gordon's coaches.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TerencetheTractor525

It turns out that the pic of the blue coach is from the episode "You Can't Win" from Season 4. I pasted a link to the episode. The exact moment is around 2 minutes and 58 seconds into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdVhrNtDMPc

This really makes me wonder how the people of Bachmann Industries found that particular pic  8).

TrainFan97

I'm sorry for being pessimistic.

At least Gordon's coaches are coming back, and we are getting Narrow Gauge coaches. The Spiteful Brake Van is coming to HO Scale, which is also good.

The images of Paxton and Grumpy Diesel appear to be photoshopped, so they're probably not the final images. Hopefully, Paxton will be on display at the fair.

TerencetheTractor525

No problem man. I understand how you feel  :).

Regarding the Toy Fair, hopefully, we will be able to see a little video with Mr. Doug Blaine showcasing some of the new products (similar to 2014 when he showed us Arry, Bert, Jeremy, and the resin buildings, as well as 2015 when he showed us the track playtape).

TrainshockeylifE

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 16, 2018, 06:25:23 PM
I'm sorry for being pessimistic.

At least Gordon's coaches are coming back, and we are getting Narrow Gauge coaches. The Spiteful Brake Van is coming to HO Scale, which is also good.

The images of Paxton and Grumpy Diesel appear to be photoshopped, so they're probably not the final images. Hopefully, Paxton will be on display at the fair.
whens the fair

thomasgleek444

this was the biggest let down ever
oh and the spiteful break van is in G scale as well according to the catalog

TrainshockeylifE