Sound Value DD40AX another blown speaker for the Bachmann

Started by RAILSPLITTER, February 19, 2018, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAILSPLITTER

Hello Bachmann,
My DDA40X keeps on blowing speakers. Seems the stock speakers are junk. Does Bachmann have better speakers that can actually handle the output of the sound decoder ?I have replaced both for the second time with factory speakers and they always sound really tinny with hardly any base and not very good volume along with the original warped defective fuel tank the houses the speakers as a chamber and the replacement was also bowed /warped down the middle. Iam sure this is not the only 2 it seems. Does Bachmann have a fix for this?Obvious without a good sealed sound chamber the speakers will have to be turned up to compensate for the leak. Then well junk speakers blow.Thanks for teaching me this lesson at my cost.Hope you have a fix or at least a straight fuel tank. If not make a few to fix this mess.

Jon

James in FL

Bachmann's niche is in entry level trains and related products, including decoders and speakers.
If you desire something more than that you will need to look elsewhere.

the Bach-man

Dear Jon,
Please contact the service department to discuss the speaker issue,
They will be happy to help.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

James in FL

The definition of "Quality" is conformance to requirements.

In your opening post you state;
QuoteSeems the stock speakers are junk....I have replaced both for the second time with factory speakers and they always sound really tinny with hardly any base and not very good volume along with the original warped defective fuel tank the houses the speakers as a chamber and the replacement was also bowed /warped down the middle. Iam sure this is not the only 2 it seems....Thanks for teaching me this lesson at my cost....

It appears to me your perception of quality differs from Bachmann's.
You're getting what you paid for.

If you feel you're not getting the quality you desire, well that's on you...hence my reply above.

Do as the Bachmann asks and contact the service department.
I'm sure Bachmann will be more than happy to send you another speaker and maybe a decoder, to make things right.

Good luck with your resolution.

P.S. No affiliation with Bachmann in anyway.

James in FL

QuoteNo, I paid for digital diesel sound .Not noise
Your barking up the wrong tree.

Sure you know this and would not dare do this in reality.
Bish please.
QuoteSure you know this and would not dare do this in reality

James in FL

You need to comprehend what you read.
Your perception may or may not be the same as mine.

You go to the well twice and your not satisfied;
Yet you go back again?

And I'm the bad guy for suggesting you go somewhere
else?

Ok.

Good luck

Bucksco

"I suggest you refrain from being the 3 rd man in to a issue that you have no business being in to begin with..."

RAILSPLITTER - You are posting on a "Forum"

/ˈfôrəm/

noun

noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

If you have a problem with a Bachmann Product you should contact the Bachmann Service Department directly and they will help you if you have a quality issue with your product. You should not use the online forum as a place to complain and not expect other forum members to react. James in FL was attempting to help you out and you basically told him to be quiet - that's not how a forum works. If the quality of Bachmann products does not meet your requirements you may want to consider other manufacturers products that meet your standards.
We all need to treat each other in a civil manner. I am locking this thread with the assumption that you will contact the service department (Rich Wahlen ext. 242) to discuss your issues.

Thank you.