NEW Bachmann Spectrul 2 truck 50 ton Climax broken after just 2 hours

Started by Gdelmoro, February 19, 2018, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gdelmoro

Hi all,
I'm brand new to this forum and to Bachmann Spectrul DCC.  Fore years I've wanted a shay or Climax for my layout.  research showed that the Bachmann models had plastic gears and fell apart but now Bachmann I was told replaced the plastic gears with metal so as soon as i got enough money I decided to buy the 50 ton 2 truck Climax ($240) and the tsunami sound module (85).

Yesterday I received my HO 2 truck 50 Ton Climax. Very NICE.  I purchased the painted unlettered so I could put my own road name on it.

I placed the engine on my program track and programmed the address and other CV's, then I put it on the track and did a test run.  It went nicely forward and reverse for two loops Each way around the layout.

Yesterday I weathered it and hooked it to a couple log cars and ran around the layout, then switched a couple sidings. Looked great sounded great.

Suddenly it stopped going in reverse, then jerked a little in reverse then stopped moving, the rod on the side was moving the sound was working but the wheels were not turning in reverse. 

Still goes forward fine.

What happened? I bought this loco because the forums said Bachmann replaced those horrible plastic gears with metal and the locos are now reliable. $325 is a lot of money for something that lasts 2 hours.

So I contact Micro Mark who tell me to contact Bachmann so I emailed Bachmann.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does Bachmann stand by their products? Do they charge ME to ship it back?

Gary

Bucksco

The service department has been informed and will send you an email.
Sorry for the problem.

Gdelmoro

Just talked to service rep.
She said she would send me a pre-paid label so I could return the loco for repairs.