News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 0-6-0 in 2018 catalogue

Started by Hamish K, February 20, 2018, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

The new 0-6-0 has received some mention below in a thread rumours of a new 2-6-0. It has now been confirmed as an 0-6-0 and appears in the 2018 catalogue. It does appear to be modified from the 2-6-0, but for all that. makes a neat and plausible industrial locomotive.  I recall seeing  photos of broadly similar narrow gauge locomotives operating in Cuba and elsewhere. I welcome any new On30 item from Bachmann as it shows that they are still supporting us. I don't really expect a brand new On30 locomotive from Bachmann in the foreseeable future unless demand for On30 considerable increases.

As well as the 0-6-0 the 2018 catalogue shows as new (which means since last years catalogue), the derrick car, the 18 foot cabooses (cabeese?) and a handful of new liveries on other items. This , at a quick glance, appears to be about on a par with other scales. We have not been forgotten.

On the other hand quite a number of items have been deleted from the catalogue. That is OK, provided Bachmann rotates the locos and other items available,  i.e. brings back, modified or not, previously deleted items from time to time. Thus over a number of years, we would have a quite a choice of items.

Just my thoughts

Hamish

p51

Yeah, I have no need for a 0-6-0 but I like that they made one as I think there's a good market for something like that.
Let's face it, a lot of On30 modelers are all about the smallest stuff they can run over the tightest curves. That's most of what I hear when talking to other On30 modelers; they want shorty stuff. When others see the 24"+ curves and 4-6-0s on my own layout, many of them are shocked that I'm not pushing the envelope of as tight of curves and the shortest rolling stock possible.
Bachmann, I think, flooded the market with On30 for a while. You could find most cars for $20 or less online, but not anymore. I think the market has flattened to a degree and now that Bachmann is making conservative advances in On30, this makes sense to me.
-Lee