News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

B&O EM1 tender trucks

Started by inkaneer, February 23, 2018, 10:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkaneer

I am in need of a front tender truck for my EM1.  The parts catalogue shows these as 'Sold Out'.  Will more be coming in and if so, when?

Bucksco

Bachmann does not intentionally produce parts to sell. A surplus of parts are produced when a production run of an item is manufactured. When the extra parts are depleted they will not be restocked until the loco is produced again.

Maletrain

Yardmaster, I see that you deleted my post when you finally replied to Inkaneer.  That deleted my instructions to him (and others) on how to sign-up for notification if and when the parts he needs become available.  You should provide those instructions in a follow-up post if you must delete my posts.

The fact is that Bachmann's parts are highly sought after, both the detail parts and the mechanical parts like all-wheel, low-friction, electrical-pickup trucks.  When they are offered on the parts catalog website, they tend to sell out fast because they are not being bought just by people who want them to repair Bachmann locomotives, but also by people who want to use them to either "kit-bash" Bachmann products into models that Bachmann does not sell, or to use them with non-Bachmann products to improve those other things.

I think that Bachmann should take this as a compliment, and try to actually support that parts market.  It would not only increase Bachmann's sales, it would expand the whole hobby and put Bachmann in a leadership position, plus provide for more reliable application of Bachmann's "lifetime warranty" to actually repair damaged locos instead of just replacing them with current locos of a different type that the owner may not really want.