News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command and 2 separate tracks

Started by Scout, February 23, 2018, 02:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

Suppose I set up 2 ovals of track.  They are independent of each other and not connected in any way.  How can I run and control 1 dcc equipped engine on each oval simultaneously?   Is there a Y type splitter available so I can use the wire supplied with the Command unit to connect both ovals?  Soldering would be my last resort.  Appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

bbmiroku

Since the ovals don't connect at all, you don't even have to use DCC you can just use to standard DC-powered controllers.

Scout

Thanks for replying.  I probably did not make my question clear enough.  I want to access the sound functions on the engines on each non connected oval of track. So is there an off the shelf product that can wire up both ovals from 1 Command controller or am I going to have to solder wires from 1 oval to another?  Thanks

bbmiroku

Ah!  And there be the difference.  Seeing as I have no experience with DCC, I'll be backing out now.

Terry Toenges

I had to cut and splice the wires because I have the same set up you want to do - two separate tracks hooked to the same E-Z Command control box. I don't know of any "Y" cable made for that purpose.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Thanks for that info.  I don't know why that didn't cross my mind because last year I bought an audio cable to use as an extension for my DCC cable. I knew they also made audio cables and jacks that split, too.
This year I had a different set up with the two separate tracks, so I did the splicing because I was in a hurry.
I didn't even think about finding a splitter. The answer was right in front of me and I didn't see it.
Feel like a Mogul.