HO Auto reversing trolley suggestion and adding track.

Started by Dr TaNaKa, February 25, 2018, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr TaNaKa

Hello All

I want to add a separate EZ-Track auto-reversing track to my layout and wonder if anyone has a recommendation of a trolley/Loco for use?  Also if adding extra track must I use the special auto-reversing tracks?. ???

Flare

Any locomotive or trolley that's compatible with DC (analog) control will work, which is just about everything you can buy these days.

As for adding extra track, you DO need to get the special auto-reversing sections because it has extra wiring in the roadbed.  The exception to this rule is if you're running a train as opposed to just a trolley:  You can use traditional E-Z track to hold the cars on one end, but locomotive will not go beyond the reversing sections.

Joe323

I recently bought some of the reversing track which I am using to run a subway display. I need a few more pieces but hate to buy a whole pack of straight and curves just to extend the track 18" or so is there any way to buy individual sections?  I tried eBay.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Joe323

Thanks Terry it was a bit hard to follow but it got me thinking could I just remove the plastic from the center track and solder long wires between the two sections to act as jumpers and fill the gap with regular ez track?

Len

Joe - In a word, yes. Just make sure you connect the correct wires together at each end.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

Len is correct.  I had to do that so I could use some 15" radius curves with my trolley one year.
Feel like a Mogul.