Fitting Thomas and Toby with DCC option

Started by Spikes, February 26, 2018, 06:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

For my sons next birthday I'd like to give him a track with these two trains. Thomas is a type 58741 and Toby a type 58747. Is it possible to let these run on a DCC track (with the right alteration)? DCC sound is not really needed (not sure if this is standard in a kit). If possible: where can I get the right kit/manual?

TrainshockeylifE

They don't have a manual for the specifics but https://www.dcctrain.com/shop/ does Thomas installations, if you contact them they might be able to help you.

thomasgleek444

(this all is if they are large scale which im not sure, if they are ho then completely disregard this)
Though if you are feeling savvy and want to install it all yourself, I would suggest finding the Bachmann decoders for cheap ($100 is possible from some places) but you would need to solder some wires (and possibly a speaker if you wanted the sounds, i have a speaker that i used if you don't already have one) and if you do, it can get messy, so be careful.
However, really the only reason to get the bachmann decoder is for the sound, so if you dont need the sound you can always just try to find it cheaper, or see if someone can install something cheaper in it for you like what the other person had mentioned up above