News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rusty illustration

Started by InsideTrack, February 26, 2018, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Chaz on August 21, 2018, 02:45:21 PM
(since there's no telling if Bachmann has measurements for Sir Handel yet).
Well they could always ask ThomasTankMerch...! ;)

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: HLC Railroad on August 23, 2018, 02:16:30 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Bachmann did make Duncan's model based on Douglas as Jam Filled has expressed an interest in fixing some of the models in the series. They already promised a corrected coach model, I don't see why they wouldn't proceed to making Duncan look better. But that's just speculation, but look, the new coaches aren't based of their ugly CGI counterparts, so who knows really.
Just food for thought.

HLCR
Can you point me to where they said this? I'd like to read/hear what they said, especially since it means we'll get corrected CGI models!

TrainshockeylifE

Quote from: Sparks on August 23, 2018, 10:20:51 PM

What do you mean, "you could always ask ThomasTankMerch..!"?

Captain Crutch

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on August 23, 2018, 11:22:43 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Bachmann did make Duncan's model based on Douglas as Jam Filled has expressed an interest in fixing some of the models in the series.
Can you point me to where they said this? I'd like to read/hear what they said, especially since it means we'll get corrected CGI models!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamFilledStudio/status/933841606763048960

This is what I could find with rudimentary googling, but I swear they specifically said that they would change the models after they got the dimensions. In the meantime I'm sure you can make a pretty good guess by them saying "will be passed on to the modeling team", and from what I can see from the pictures on the site, Bachmann's models are based off the model series ones.

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on August 23, 2018, 11:46:35 PM

ThomasTankMerch is on twitter and they just bought and received the original Season 4 Sir Handel. They also have Jack and The Pack scale Trevor, a few faces, and some rolling stock from the show.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThomasTankMerch

They could also go to cudak888 who just finished his replica Sir Handel about a week or so ago. In fact, at first some people thought this was cudak's because he just packaged it up and apparently shipped it somewhere after he had finished it. But no, ThomasTankMerch does have the real season 4 Sir Handel. Funnily, cudak is the one who sent Jam Filled the measurements of the original coaches while he was vacuforming his modified version of the (if I remember correctly) season 3 coaches. He's also building a James replica, and James would complain if he had to pull dirty trucks.

HLCR
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Chaz

If they do fix Duncan's render and make it look better than the current render, then I would be more open to it.  For now though, with the references that they have I think it's best for Bachmann to wait on him until we are lucky enough to get said revisions.

Too bad I can't "like" posts on here, so you get an emoji instead. 👍
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: HLC Railroad on August 23, 2018, 11:48:44 PM
Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on August 23, 2018, 11:22:43 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Bachmann did make Duncan's model based on Douglas as Jam Filled has expressed an interest in fixing some of the models in the series.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamFilledStudio/status/933841606763048960

This is what I could find with rudimentary googling, but I swear they specifically said that they would change the models after they got the dimensions. In the meantime I'm sure you can make a pretty good guess by them saying "will be passed on to the modeling team", and from what I can see from the pictures on the site, Bachmann's models are based off the model series ones.

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on August 23, 2018, 11:46:35 PM

ThomasTankMerch is on twitter and they just bought and received the original Season 4 Sir Handel. They also have Jack and The Pack scale Trevor, a few faces, and some rolling stock from the show.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThomasTankMerch

They could also go to cudak888 who just finished his replica Sir Handel about a week or so ago. In fact, at first some people thought this was cudak's because he just packaged it up and apparently shipped it somewhere after he had finished it. But no, ThomasTankMerch does have the real season 4 Sir Handel.

HLCR
Thank you! This is some interesting and amazing stuff!
Quote from: Chaz on August 24, 2018, 03:39:22 AM
If they do fix Duncan's render and make it look better than the current render, then I would be more open to it.  For now though, with the references that they have I think it's best for Bachmann to wait on him until we are lucky enough to get said revisions.

Too bad I can't "like" posts on here, so you get an emoji instead. 👍
I think adding the ability to like posts on this forum would be fun.

Streak

Loving how Bachmann Rusty looks. I grew up with Season 5 so I'm more attached to big face Rusty instead of small Season 4 face Rusty. Those vents on the side look gorgeous. Very impressed with this model. My only hope is that they alter the face a little bit. The mouth looks a little off in the picture. Then again, Rheneas' face looked off to me when it's pictures first came out. Maybe it's just for the angle.

Also I think it would be really cool if Bachmann used the restored Sir Handel model as reference for the shape but I don't think I'd like if they based a Bachmann Sir Handel off the classic design. Not because I dislike the classic design, it's because classic Sir Handel would look weird compared to the likes of CGI Skarloey, Rheneas, and Rusty.

Chaz

If Bachmann makes Sir Handel, they would, more likely than not, go for the CG render, which I personally wouldn't mind nearly as much as say Duncan (or even Rusty for that matter), but it wouldn't make for as much of an accurate representation of his basis as much.  Peter Sam is more of a win-win regardless if they go for a full Edward Thomas painted in his CG render with a giesl funnel, or the CG render he would win over both fans and 009 modelers.

As much charm as the season 4 models have, I agree that having Sir Handel look less detailed compared to the Skarloey, Rheneas, and Rusty models he would stick out like a sore thumb with the major lack of detail (though nowhere near as bad as Duncan's CG render... :P).
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Streak

True, true. Even though I grew up with the classic series, I usually tend to lean more towards the CGI versions of the characters mainly because they are more accurate (real life basis), detailed, expressive, and are all around just the current versions of the characters. I still love the models but I've always been drawn to the current designs... for the most part.

I will admit that Duncan is one of the few CGI designs that I genuinely have a problem with. Next to the other narrow gauge cast he's too small, but on his own he looks too tall!  ??? His boiler is way too small, his funnel is way too thin, and do I even have to mention the running board.

It gives me hope that Duncan (along with Oliver and Bulgy) have been absent during Season 22. Maybe Jam Filled is using this season to fix their models like what happened with Rosie in Season 20. We can only hope.

sean1994rail

Quote from: InsideTrack on August 21, 2018, 01:57:52 PM
Here's a FINAL image of Rusty. NO DELIVERY DATE YET!

Lovely job on Rusty Bachmann! Well done! Take your time getting him ready. i'm sure he'll be worth the wait.