News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pilot for Dash-9

Started by bobhovan, March 04, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobhovan

When is this part going to be available? I've been waiting for over a year to get one since mine has fallen apart(zinc pest).

trainyardjp

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:
Best advice would be to find someone selling a Dash 9 (good for parts only) on E-Bay, if you can't obtain the pilot component from Williams by Bachmann.
-JP
-JP

bobhovan

Once again, when will this part be available? Not only is mine falling apart but I had a customer bring in an engine with a broken pilot. It's going on two years waiting for this. I called the parts manager three days ago and left a message on his/her voice mail and haven't heard back. This is really bad customer service.

trainyardjp

JP, of Acton MA, USA writes:

I'm not affiliated / associated with Williams by Bachmann, in any way / shape / form.
I was only trying to provide advice, regarding trying to find replacement pilot parts for your Dash 9.
According to the WBB parts listing, the pilots are listed, but are sold out. There is a "Max. 5" under the "sold out" icon, on the listing, not sure what the "Max. 5" is referring to.
Anyway, like I previously stated, try looking on E-Bay, to see if anyone is selling a Williams Dash 9, that is good for parts.
I don't own a Dash 9, but its a real pity, that the pilots are made of zinc, and fall apart, too easily.
I do agree that is is bad customer service, when the department doesn't return your call.
Williams is a busy company, so I would imagine that their customer service department(s) must receive calls from Billions of model railroad hobbyists, and retailers.

If you have the ability to 3D print, I suppose you could 3D print a particular part, or a professional 3D printing company could print a part, for you.
-JP 
-JP

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
Generally speaking, parts for a specific loco are stocked when that loco is restocked.
Contact service to see if they have any.
Thanks!
the Bach-man