News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Henry and Gordon Discontinued?

Started by Derpyunikitty, March 12, 2018, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derpyunikitty

I saw on Amazon that the prices on Henry and Gordon have gome up, and the site is out of stock for them, and I only saw Henry at my local hobby shop, but no Gordon (by the way, the Henry was there for the past 2 years, nobody likes Henry :'( ). Also, they are both out of stock on Bachmann's site along with Douglas and Oliver.

Are they discontinued? :'(

Chaz

Gordon and Henry are both bestsellers and Gordon is still a main character, so neither of them are discontinued.  Oliver is still a bestseller too and has only been out for a year so he probably won't get dropped anytime soon too.  All these engines, including Douglas, are still in the 2018 catalog too so more likely than not, Bachmann is probably expecting a shipment of these to arrive from China soon.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Derpyunikitty

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up. I got scared that I wouldn't be able to get Oluver or Gordon anytime soon.  ;D

DrNickRiviera995

That's what I hate about Amazon, all the 3rd party sellers.  If amazon proper is out of something, the 3rd party sellers will try to dupe you into overpaying.

I usually just use ebay for all my train purchases, just avoid huge conglomerates that sell everything and stick to hobbyshops or individuals selling their 2nd hand items.

Derpyunikitty

Quote from: DrNickRiviera995 on March 13, 2018, 08:13:47 PM
That's what I hate about Amazon, all the 3rd party sellers.  If amazon proper is out of something, the 3rd party sellers will try to dupe you into overpaying.

I usually just use ebay for all my train purchases, just avoid huge conglomerates that sell everything and stick to hobbyshops or individuals selling their 2nd hand items.

I see your point about the prices being inflated by others (scalpers), in full. I remember when there was a time when the Narrow Guage rolling stock and Skarloey were increasingly hard to find in hobby shops,  and the prices on Amazon and eBay for them were very high. It's frustrating, since I wanted a normal Brakevan, but since there's a possibility of it being discontinued, I can't find one under US $60.

It's very annoying to see people take advantage of the rarity of items to gain a fat sum of money.

Angelob6660

I couldn't buy a brake van when it raised to 40-60 dollars. I waited until someone was selling there's for $25.

I still need to get Henry, Duck, Edward, Bill, Ben, Diesel, Donald and Douglas.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

sean1994rail

Quote from: Chaz on March 12, 2018, 04:20:58 PM
Gordon and Henry are both bestsellers and Gordon is still a main character, so neither of them are discontinued.  Oliver is still a bestseller too and has only been out for a year so he probably won't get dropped anytime soon too.  All these engines, including Douglas, are still in the 2018 catalog too so more likely than not, Bachmann is probably expecting a shipment of these to arrive from China soon.
Checked on some of the model shops. They are due back in stock around March 2019.

Anthony P2

If anyone is looking for an alternative to amazon, trainworld.com has pretty good prices and they give you the option to pre-order items! The ship packages out relatively quick, and have great customer service!