News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Buchmann EMD GP 7

Started by donsch, March 19, 2018, 04:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsch

After I ordered my Bachmann GP7 last November afterward I read a review that said the GP 7 would only pull 7 cars at best.  That Review was BS as far as I am concerned.  My GP7 (62460) by its self on a 24 inch section of N Scale track takes 4 seconds at 30% on my dcc and figures out to 54.55 scale MPH.  With the GP7 pulling 10 cars the MPH is still above 54 MPH.  Other reviews say it will be comfortable pulling 15 to 17 cars.  I think that those reviews are correct.  Just my 2 cents worth.  I also have an Buchmann EMD S2 and can tell no difference in speed with no cars cars or 10 cars.

mrmel0

Got my Golden Spike set today. Set it up no problem, train ran with no problem, through the frog and everything. My anxiety on going Bachmann to start just went away. I think it's going to be great starter set, I'm going to have a decent layout to cover about 3 x 6.

jward

Don't know much about the n scale gp7s, but when I got my HO gp7 a few years back, it would pull 12 cars up a 4% grade through 18r curves. The only problems I had with it were derailments due to the bolster screws being too tight. After I loosened them, it ran fine.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA