News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

wireing switches

Started by srfan, March 21, 2018, 05:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srfan

I bought the Echo Valley Express train set last year and just recently bought the - Your first railroad track pack.  The video that comes with it did not
show how to wire the switches. Would like to know the best or easiest way to wire them.

bbmiroku

If the track comes with attached roadbed, you shouldn't have to wire the switches a special way.  Just plug the wire from the switch into the switch controller, and plug that into your powerpack.

Len

There should be two red wires. One connects from the DC output of the power pack to the track. The other connects from the AC Accorsory output of the power pack to the two pin side of the first switch controller. The rest of the switch controllers plut into it, so you end up with a row of controllers connected together.

The green wires connect from the switches to the three pin connection on the controllers. If the direction control for a particular button isn't the way you want it, just unplug the green wire, flip it over, and plug it back in.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jhanecker2

Gentlemen : The Echo Valley Express Train is a DCC system .  I doubt it  comes with  AC output . You would have to have DC controller to have an AC output to connect to the Switch Controllers . John2.

Len

In that case you can either pick up an old power pack to use as a switch power supply. The DC side could be used for dimmable building light control. Or you could use a 14 - 16V 'wall wart', rated at least 1amp, as a dedicated switch machine power source. It doesn't really matter if it's AC or DC if it's only used to the switches.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

srfan

Thanks for the info. I do have a power pak from a christmas set bought a few years back. will try that.