Is there an ad on sound decoder available for Bachmann N steam locos

Started by Paradise275, March 26, 2018, 11:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradise275

I have numberous Bachmann DCC steam locomotive. Is there an ad on sound decoder available?

Rick

ACY

Bachmann does not make any add on sound only decoders for N scale, they are only available in other larger scales such as HO and On30.
If you wanted sound, your best bet would be to buy a new decoder entirely that includes sound as well.
Even if Bachmann made an add on module of some sort, it would do you no good because none of the non-sound DCC locomotives made by Bachmann include a speaker.
Keep in mind space is often the limiting factor when dealing with N scale so often times installing sound could be either very difficult or even impossible if there simply is not a sufficient/requisite amount of space for all the components. Some locomotives such as the DD40AX which are quite large compared to other locomtives are much easier to work with when installing sound.

majordadsage

I put sound in a Bachmann 4-6-0.....I used the Digitrax SDXN136PS decoder.  Contact Bryan at Streamlined Backshop http://www.sbs4dcc.com/sugarcubespeakers.html   He has the sugar cube speakers....it is a tight fit but, I am happy with the 4-6-0.