News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

50-ton Climax

Started by Ken Huck, March 28, 2018, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Huck

Finally, ordered one and got it today.  The first thing I did was to look and see all those new metal gears in the trucks.
The detail is exquisite !  Runs great, nice and slow.  I had a few minor derailments at first but, that was more indicative of my track laying abilities than the engine  itself.  I'll have to put in a work order to get road crew out and
have them gauge the track.

Another thing, I run strictly DC and was wandering if both headlight and back up light were supposed to be on all the
time.  It doesn't matter what direction I'm going, both lights are always on.  Any suggestions ?

One more thing:  Has anyone posted any pictures from their Facebook web-page ?  I'm rebuilding my entire layout and
would like to put up a few pictures of the progress.

Thanks for any advice.

Ken

Hunt

Quote from: Ken Huck on March 28, 2018, 04:38:56 PM
I run strictly DC and was wandering if both headlight and back up light were supposed to be on all the
time.  It doesn't matter what direction I'm going, both lights are always on.  Any suggestions ?

Both lights always on is the factory default setting even for DCC

One more thing:  Has anyone posted any pictures from their Facebook web-page ?  I'm rebuilding my entire layout and would like to put up a few pictures of the progress.

Place the link to the Facebook picture between Image Tags to display in this Forum

[img]Facebook picture link[/img]

Ken Huck

WOO Hoo !  Thanks Hunt. 

jimcabc

I've had two of these Climaxes which I run on DC.  Both lights operate, but the light facing in the opposite direction of travel flickers a bit, while the lamp facing the direction of travel burns steadily.

Ken Huck

Thanks Jim, I haven't noticed any flickering on mine yet.  It's just nice to know that it's "supposed" to do that.

Ken