News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Railroad, sorta

Started by Ken Huck, March 28, 2018, 08:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmiroku

I see two pictures from the first slide; looks like there were supposed to be more.

Terry Toenges

I can see the pics on the other threads just not this one. I wonder why.
Feel like a Mogul.

Ken Huck

I believe I've replaced the original pics on my first post.  I don't understand why you cant 'see' the ones on subsequent posts.

Ken Huck

Well, I've made a little progress on my trestle.

Here, I've added cardboard sub-groundwork.

From the other side.

Next, I started to pour plaster groundwork.

You can see the 'smooth' surface of the poured plaster.  Then I sprinkled dry plaster onto the poured plaster
and then misted it with 'wet water' to sort of blend it in.

Here's a wider angle, the blue painters tape is used as a dam to prevent the plaster from running where I don't
want it to go.  Sometimes it works.

Here's the backside of the trestle.

And the frontside.

Next step is to finish pouring plaster, then landscaping.  Meanwhile, I still have to glue 97 bridge ties to the
underside of my flex track....

More to follow.

WoundedBear

Wow Ken! What a difference staining it made. Your landscape technique is interesting......I like it.

That is one impressive structure, man.

Sid

Terry Toenges

It looks great. I'm envious of the trestle. I'm going to get around to building some some trestles for mine but haven't tackled it yet. I've been working on equipment lately. I'm finally able to see all of your pics. I wasn't able to see them before.
Feel like a Mogul.

dutchbuilder

Cleaning the woodwork from plaster splatter is going to be a hell of a job.
Look impressive never the less.

Ton

Ken Huck

Sid:  Staining, I used a Rustoleum rattle can of 'Warm Caramel'.

Terry:  Glad you can finally see the pics. For a while I was worried.

Trainman203: I also replaced a photo on the original post that caught your eye of
                      the MoPac caboose.

Ton:  A little soapy water on a short stiff bristle paint brush will work, tedious yes, but it'll work.

Thanks for all the interest.

Edit:  I had the comments for Terry and Trainman203 combined, sorry.

Terry Toenges

This is interesting. For the past few days, I have been on my new computer because I was getting the DVD drive replaced on my old one. I just got my old one back and I am on it now. I'm back to not seeing the pics so it is something with my computer. I could see them on the new one.
I guess I'll eventually transition to the new one but I have all my programs on this one. I don't know how to move my Windows Live Mail to my new computer and the Yahoo mail program on the new one sucks.
Feel like a Mogul.

Ken Huck

If it's any help, I'm using Facebook for 'hosting' my picture storage.  I'm also using it with a gmail account with a variation
of my name.  Maybe there'd be some way you could access the pictures that way.  I don't know.  But it is frustrating
though not being able to figure it out.

WoundedBear

I don't think it's a problem on your end, Ken.

I see all your pics on both my phone and desktop with no problems.

Sid

Terry Toenges

It's not you. It's something in my computer settings. I have trouble seeing some of Sid's pic, too. I don't know what setting to mess with to fix it. I've looked at my "Profile" settings for the B Board and don't see anything there I could change that is picture related.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

It may be something in your browser settings. Which browser are you using?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Len

These are the most common problems causing images not to show: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show

If the Bachmann site is the only place you're having problems, I'd look at the "Check image permissions for a specific website" section first.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.