News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Railroad, sorta

Started by Ken Huck, March 28, 2018, 08:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

The only permissions I have blocked for this site are "Install add-ons" and "Open pop-up window". Actually, this is on my new computer now and I'm seeing everything. I'll have to get on my old computer and check it.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I'm on my old one now. Permissions are the same as for new one and I'm not seeing all the pics.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I just logged in with Internet Explorer and I can see them so it is a problem with Firefox.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

Try starting Firefox in "Safe Mode" and see if the pictures show up. If they do, the problem is most likely with an add-on or extension.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

That's what's doing it. I'm in safe mode now and can see the pics.
I'll have to see what add-ons I have.
Thank Len.
I just did a Firefox refresh that took me back to defaults and the pics are there.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

Great! Now it's just a matter of looking at your add-ons. It's probably a setting in an image handler, or an ad/tracking blocker.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

I couldn't figure out how to find what add-ons I had. That's why I did the whole "refresh" which took it back to stock. I had to re-set up my menu bar. I deleted all my cookies, too so I'll have to resign in everywhere like i did here.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Ken - I apologize for all the "computer" talk. I didn't mean to hijack your thread with these problems. I'm just happy to be able to see your pics again.
Feel like a Mogul.

Ken Huck

Thanks Len for helping out Terry.  I actually learned something from all that, hopefully I won't need to use it in the future.

Well, back to the trestle...

The next couple of photos show I've finished pouring plaster, and the third photo gives you an idea of how long
it is.  From bridge abutment to abutment is 4 feet 2 inches.

Here, I've started to stain the plaster an 'earthy' tone.

Here you can see the different absorbent qualities of the 'poured' plaster and the
'sprinkled on dry then misted' plaster.  By using a flash you can really see the plaster
splatter.

...and finally different colors and textures of ground foam and clusters finish it.

The 'dark' stream under the center span will eventually be filled with 'murky' water.

Well, that was fun and I really enjoyed everyone's comments.  I don't know what I'm going to
work on next, but if I can take pictures of it, I'll be puttin' it up here.

Thanks again for your interest.

Ken

Terry Toenges

And I'll be able to see the pics. ;)
I just love the way trestles look and the sight of a train going over a trestle. You've done an excellent job.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Absolutely fantastic Ken!

About time we got more building than talking around here.  ;D

Can't wait to see what's next.

Sid

Ken Huck

Another update:

The trestle is finally in place, but not permanent yet.  You can see on the left side of the trestle, the stringers and the
track don't exactly line up.

Here's how I glue 'bridge ties' to the under side of 'flex track'.  You can see the little 'extra' sticking out on either
side where I'll add guard timbers.

Another view of the 'adjustments I'm going to have to make to get the rail to sit directly on top of the stringers.

A view from the other end.  The 'wide' ties will be for the refuges.  I decided to put one on either side in the middle.
You'll note the the refuges are mostly on the 'inside' of turns.  That prevents articulated engine 'overhang'  from scraping off the rain barrels that will be placed on the refuges.

I may have to 'shorten' some rail to get everything adjusted.

As always, more to come.

Ken

Ken Huck

Starting to work on refuges and adding guard timbers.

Thought I'd add a handcart shed.  It'll eventually be supported by stilts.

Just another view.

Coming out of the tunnel, this is what's in view.

More to come...

Ken

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

RAM

Ken, I hope you don't forget the little platform between the tracks, so the section crew can get the section car on and off the tracks.