News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

more then 8 turnouts?

Started by hgcHO, March 29, 2018, 10:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgcHO

Is there anyway to have more then 8 DCC turnouts on a single layout?  Or to ask the question another way - I have 12 Bachmann Dcc turnouts and would like to control these last 4 with different packets of digital information.

Hunt

What DCC system are you using with the layout?

hgcHO

Bachman main track layout and i can switch to MTH engines.

Hunt

Quote from: hgcHO on March 30, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
Bachman main track layout and i can switch to MTH engines.

Your reply does not identify the DCC system you  are using.

But your reply does raise another question --- In addition to a DCC system do you also have a MTH DCS you switch to when running  MTH locomotives?

Hunt

If you are currently using Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center to control 8 DCC  turnouts –

I do not have convenient access to a Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center to verify the following works so experiment with a decoder equipped turnout connected to a 9" Straight Terminal Rerailer and the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center.

Try the same turnout programming procedure used for first 8 turnouts except use address 8 instead of address 9 starting with eighth turnout. To operate turnouts 8 through 12 use address 8 plus function number per the instructions.

Ref: Click Here for E-Z Command DCC Turnout Instructions

Hunt

---- Correction in following ----

Quote from: Hunt on March 30, 2018, 08:19:48 PM

Try the same turnout programming procedure used for first 8 turnouts except use address 8 instead of address 9 starting with eighth ninth turnout. To operate turnouts 8   9 through 12 use address 8 plus function number per the instructions.

hgcHO

Neat idea but I believe 9 puts unit into programing mode - when I get a chance I will try your idea and report back

Hunt

Pressing the button in the turnout puts the decoder in the turnout into programming mode.