News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Consisting two GP40's

Started by Saddletramp, March 30, 2018, 02:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

Q: So if I already have them consisted in the address I desire, [001], can i simply configure CV21/22 for the functions ??

A: Yes

Use the locomotive's address not its consist address to program CV 21 and CV 22.

Recall in the User's Guide,

CV 21 and 22 allow you to define how each engine individually responds to function commands sent to the consist address. When the consist is enabled, CV 21 controls which of functions 1-8 are active and CV 22 controls the F0 function for forward and reverse, as well as functions 9-12.

FYI -  the Sound Value decoder in your locomotives does not have functions 9-12. Keep it in mind when programming CV 22.

Being I am repeating info already provided -- I am now no longer following this thread,   I'm off to other stuff  ;D

Saddletramp

Not having functions 9-12 should be OK, as I only want headlight, horn and bell to work on the lead unit, as described in the User's Guide.

I fully appreciate ALL YOUR RESPONSES.  Each had a NEW piece of information, except one where you simply repeated refer to the user guide which I didn't even know existed until your link from your first response. The User Guide is wonderful but still leaves areas of concern if you are not sure of what you are doing.

I live in a remote area hundreds of miles from any other model railroader.  I wish there was a Model RR club, or a local 'shop' to ask questions, but there isn't.  I have created my entire 6X10 double track with dogbone layout suspended from the ceiling from online purchases and web searching for knowledge.

I am retired and the cost of new/repair/replacement sound equipped power units takes a lot out of my budget. I feared I perhaps had corrupted two chips with my stupidity.

Again, thank you for you patience and hanging in there until my problem was resolved. I apologize for testing it with my repeated questions.