News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0n30 climax no. 25763

Started by Yorel, April 10, 2018, 12:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorel

I just received this loco from a fleabay seller. I set it on my test track using nce procab. The lights come on dim.
Nothing else happen. I renamed loco to 3. No response. I contacted seller who claimed he used a transformer (DC) and claimed it ran forward and backward. Could the transformer have damaged the decoder?

Hunt

Bachmann On30 Climax Item No. 25763 from the factory is DCC Ready. Check yours to see if a DCC decoder has been installed by previous owner.

Yorel

There is a decoder on board. I went into "use program track" > "recovery programming" > "standard Programming" > and set that up, but still only dim lights.

Hunt

To be sure you are not mistaking a DC dummy plug for a DCC decoder, go through the following,

Are you using NCE Power Cab DCC system? If so, Recovery Programming (Option 7) best used  only with old NCE decoders. If not Power Cab, what DCC system are you using?

Reset the decoder.  If there is not a sound decoder installed,  programming CV 8 with 8 will reset most decoders CVs to their factory default value.

After decoder reset -- Can you run and control the locomotive with address 3? If so, read the value in CV 7 and CV 8 - what is it?

Yorel

Quote from: Hunt on April 10, 2018, 10:17:00 PM
To be sure you are not mistaking a DC dummy plug for a DCC decoder, go through the following,

Are you using NCE Power Cab DCC system? If so, Recovery Programming (Option 7) best used  only with old NCE decoders. If not Power Cab, what DCC system are you using?

Reset the decoder.  If there is not a sound decoder installed,  programming CV 8 with 8 will reset most decoders CVs to their factory default value.

After decoder reset -- Can you run and control the locomotive with address 3? If so, read the value in CV 7 and CV 8 - what is it?

Sorry, Its a power cab, NOT a pro cab. Reset CV 8 with 8, Still nothing except dim lights. CV 7 and CV 8 were both blank ie showed NO value, waiting for me to enter a value,

Hunt

Can you run and change speed of locomotive using address 3?

Can you turn on and off headlight using the HEADLIGHT button on the Power Cab?

Yorel

Hunt

The locomotive comes from Bachmann factory without a decoder installed.

If your locomotive has a decoder installed  -- replace it.