News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Doubleheading my Moguls video

Started by Terry Toenges, April 22, 2018, 06:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I was playing with my trains on this rainy Sunday afternoon. I decided on a doubleheader with the new one and the backdated one. I used the four passenger cars and three freights cars and a caboose. No sweat at all going up my grade now.
Pretty easy to do the consisting with the E-Z Command. I guess that's why they call E-Z.
https://www.facebook.com/terry.toenges/videos/10156296877410522/
Feel like a Mogul.

Fred Klein

Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

dutchbuilder

Sorry don't and won't have Facebook.

Ton

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

dutchbuilder

nice, there is a tick in one of those loco's

Ton

Terry Toenges

I can't really hear it but my hearing is not the greatest. I wear hearing aids at night when I'm watching TV. I can hear low sounds but not high sounds.
Feel like a Mogul.

dutchbuilder

Quote from: Terry Toenges on April 24, 2018, 01:04:12 PM
I can't really hear it but my hearing is not the greatest. I wear hearing aids at night when I'm watching TV. I can hear low sounds but not high sounds.

"Borrow"some younger ears and have them listen.

Ton

Terry Toenges

Maybe I've got a rod knocking.  :)
When I was doing my backdating, I managed to bend the "crosshead guides".
(Is that what you call them? I've been looking at all kinds of pics with arrows pointing to different parts on locos but none have an arrow pointing to the two bars that come out of the cylinder. I'm really trying to learn steam engine nomenclature but it's hard when none of the diagrams name ALL the parts and most of the diagrams are for more modern locos with pipes and rods going every which way.)
I tried to straighten them but they ain't perfect. I had enough headache trying to get those little black half-moon pieces glued back on the "crosshead guides".
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Here's another video. This time, instead of doubleheading,  it is two trains going around the figure 8. The new Mogul with combine, passenger, flat car and logging caboose. The old one with Disney combine, passenger car, stock car, gondola, and caboose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzAJoL4aiNQ
Feel like a Mogul.

Fred Klein

Nice video, Terry. I tried to listen for the tick in the locomotives but I also could not hear it, although I believe my hearing is on about the same level as yours. I wear wireless headphones at night when watching TV. Digital audio, as what you get from a DVD or Blu-Ray movie, just is not processed very well any more by my ears. The headphones help a lot. As I said before, I'm looking forward to your next Christmas video with both trains.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Terry Toenges

Here's one more. This time with the lights out and only the "stars" shining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHWQb6uXTK0
Feel like a Mogul.

Fred Klein

Terry,

The "stars" provide a neat effect. Thanks for sharing.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Terry Toenges

The lights strands I bought this Christmas have the lights real close together so it's hard to get a random effect with them. It ends up just looking like a chain of lights. I didn't realize how it would look until I had them stapled up and the sheet stapled to the top. Then, I didn't want to redo it. I have to look for strands like I use to have with the bulbs farther apart.
I want get all my videoing done before I take up the track and start on a layout.
I bought this video editing software (Videopad Video Editor) that I'm still learning how to use so I'm trying to get some practice in with these videos. It's taking me a while to figure it all out.
Feel like a Mogul.