STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2018, 02:31:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DCC Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DCC Question  (Read 194 times)
KevinH

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:55:05 AM »

I just installed six new DCC EZ Track Turnouts. The switches are working perfect, but I am having problems with a section of track. One of the new DCC EZ Track Turnouts is connected to a dead end spur. Once the train passes over the turnout and enters the dead end spur the locomotive quits. There must be no power to that dead end spur. I used to use manual turnouts and they worked fine and had no problem with the dead end spur. Does anyone have any solutions to my problem. Do I need to use one of the Bachmann Power terminals with an insulated gap?
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »

Maybe a bad rail joiner?  Try sticking a screwdriver in each track joint while an engine is sitting on the dead track and see if it starts up.

Modeling the New Iberia and Northern 1945
rogertra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 08:06:18 PM »

The issue with all set track, is a plethora of rail joiners.

For reliable DCC operation, each section of track requires feeders.  However, try adding a pair of feeders to your spur.

Feeders to every section of set track is an unrealistic task as you'd need a pair of feeders for each section of track.  The next solution is to solder you individual section together.  But that ruins the idea of set track.  I use flex track but even then I add feeders to  to each section of flex track.  What I do, on tracks longer than three feet, a length of flex track, is solder two pieces together and send a feed to that now longer section of track.  So I have sections as long as six feet and as short a two or three inches long.  The only track I do not solder is switches.   Hpwever, if I do have contract issues with a switch, I solder feeders to the switch.

Cheers.

Roger T.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: