News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound value consolidaton

Started by bob kaplan, May 03, 2018, 08:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

I have been looking forward to this announcement.  Hope it performs as well as the previous "value" engines.   Does anyone have an educated guess as when it might arrive in stores?....Thanks.

Trainman203

It's probably the same great engine that's been around for well over 20 years.  It looks like the separately applied pipes are still there, very good,

The detail level of the USRA mountains and 2-10-2 was the same as the 2-8-0.  Maybe one day those beautiful engines will come back as Sound Value.  I miss several features that Sound Value left out but the one I miss the most is cv 113 which leaves the engine silent at layout power up until you move it, and turns the sound off after a programmable interval, all great when you have a bunch of sound engines on the track.

Dennis Paulson

;D       Yes finally !
I have been waiting for this , now the 2-8-0 with sound for my small layout  , and a Southern RR in black as well  , great news , thanks Bachmann     ;D

rogertra

Is it really still up to the Spectrum detail standards?   I know the price is. 

I wonder if it's possible to just buy the tender or even the sound equipped tender chassis?  I have eight of the Spectrum 2-8-0s that I'd like to DCC and add sound and the Sound Value decoder and sound FX are good enough for my needs.  All decoders, no matter the price, all the sound the same anyway.

Cheers

Roger T.

Hunt

Quote from: bob kaplan on May 03, 2018, 08:55:06 AM
I have been looking forward to this announcement.  Hope it performs as well as the previous "value" engines.   Does anyone have an educated guess as when it might arrive in stores?....Thanks.

Do not confuse the HO with the new N scale Consolidation equipped with an Econami SoundTraxx steam package.

Trainman203

Econami is a lot fuller featured than Sound Value.  I wish it would be in the HO engines as well.

Trainman203

I have a couple of econami installs from back when the approaching TSU2 was classified.  It's got everything I miss in the Sound Value like dynamo, coupler crash, and cv 113 time out.  Econami is TSU 2 on a diet but not the starvation diet of the sound value decoder.  The biggest thing missing as compared to TSU 2 is reverb , which makes the chuff in particular really sing.  But I can do without that with all the other cool stuff there.

Econami as a stock bachmann decoder would be a wonderful thing.

Trainman203

You'd think that ever declining costs of technology might lead Bachmann to adopt the economi in their sound equipped engines.  However, I suspect that trillions of Sound Value boards have been produced and represent a capital loss until they are installed in units sold and the investment recouped.  Look for sound value to be around for a very long time.

Dennis Paulson

Quote from: Dennis Paulson on May 03, 2018, 08:45:29 PM
;D       Yes finally !
I have been waiting for this , now the 2-8-0 with sound for my small layout  , and a Southern RR in black as well  , great news , thanks Bachmann     ;D

I have one now and it operates and sounds GREAT   ;D

Starts to move instantly at first small click with my Digitrax , headlight is MUCH brighter and better than the previous non sound version .

Now I have a Southern 2-8-0 that takes me back to when I was starting to go train  watching with my Dad , at the Southern yards at Evansville In , so long ago , still have photos of one of them and used to have one of Dad and I with one of the Southern 2-8-0's , of the St Louis Division .

Anyway I am happy   , nice product Bachmann    ;D

Bachmann , could you produce a HO Southern wood caboose to go with the Southern 2-8-0 , Please

Trackbump

Can the N scale factory Econami  sound boards be used in ho scale ?

Len

Quote from: Trackbump on August 05, 2018, 07:13:49 AM
Can the N scale factory Econami  sound boards be used in ho scale ?

As long as they're rated 1 amp, or better, you can use any decoder that will fit in your loco for HO.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

There once was a wood laser kit for the SR wood caboose.  Maybe it's still around.