Been playin' in G scale........

Started by WoundedBear, May 16, 2018, 02:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

.......but not really a railroady kinda subject.

This winter, I needed a break from the train modelling. It was time to get back into my automotive roots and I finally finished this project up.

I started on this 15 years ago, with a basic building and a wooden base, but then quickly realized I had no where near enough stuff to fill a scene.

The past time has been spent collecting kits, robbing kits for parts and collecting objects that would fit in the master plan. This past fall I dug it all out and started in with the goal of finishing this once and for all.

Over the past 7 months I have dedicated over 600 hours into this build. A lot of the detail parts are scratchbuilt items. I think I put every skill and technique I possess into this one.

Here's a few teaser pics, but please visit the link to my Fotki album. Most photos have descriptions, and there are far too many to post up here.

http://public.fotki.com/WoundedBear/scale-automotive-mo/down-at-joes-garage/

I haven't stopped building, I just switched focus for a while.

Enjoy!

Sid

jonathan

Sid,

That's beautiful stuff, man.  You are scary good at this. I've only hit a dozen or so pix, so far.  I look forward to viewing all the photos.  Thanks for sharing, sir!  ... even if it's in the wrong scale. ;D

Regards,

Jonathan

Terry Toenges

It looks great.  The details are amazing.
Feel like a Mogul.

James in FL

Can't remember the last time I poured through a Chilton's manual (early 70's?).
What year is that Dodge?
To the plug wires and the pens on the table...the lug nuts....album is great.
I very much admire your attention to detail.
You're a Craftsman Sid, and I love looking at your modeling.
It's top notch good stuff.
Thank you for posting that.

Terry Toenges

Is it a 67 R/T? I had a '68 Roadrunner back then.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

Dang! I keep expecting that R/T's engine to start revving, drowning out the sounds from the rail yard behind the garage.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

WoundedBear

Well, gee, thanks guys. You almost makin' me blush lol.

The scene is set in the mid 70's. The Coronet R/T is a 67.....good eyes Terry.

The whole thing is a representation of a stupid Saturday morning when nothing is going right.

The boys are planning on loading up the R/T and going to the drag races that are advertised on the poster in the office.

One fella went to check the trailer and found a damaged cord, so that needs repair before anyone can leave.

The other two guys are gonna fuel up the Dodge and get her started, but the battery is dead, and something is leaking out the rear of the car.

Fourth dude is doing sweet frig all, sitting at the desk reading a CarToons magazine while a coffee spills across the desk behind him and runs to the floor.

And the fifth guy......yes there is a fifth guy........he's the one coming with the truck to haul it all to the track.....AND HE"S LATE!!!!!!

It's gonna be a wonderful day. ;D