News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New On30 Heisler does not run

Started by RealTrax, May 27, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealTrax

I have a new Bachmann On30 Stearns-Heisler I just received. DCC on board in the green box. No sound installed.

I cannot get it to move on DC (MRC Tech 3 9500) or on DCC (NCE PowerCab). It does respond at its DCC address and the lights will switch on and off.

1) I checked it on the programming track and I can read and write CVs just fine -- I changed the address to 5 and again the lights at Address 5 work fine.

2) I did a factory reset via setting CV8 to 8 and it reset the address to 3. After the reset I also re-checked the CVs 209-213 as indicated on the Bachmann document to ensure they had the correct values after a reset (they do).

Any ideas on what else to check for?

Love this little engine...now if I can just get it running....

Thanks in advance!
Michael

railtwister

It sounds like either the board itself is defective and can't run on DC, or the Analog operation has been disabled in the DCC cv's. See if you can find documentation on the cv values, just to make sure the analog feature is enabled. You also might try to check the programming using a computer with jmri's Decoder Pro, or contact Bachmann's Service Dept. to see if they can help.

Bill in FtL