News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

End-of-Train device

Started by sandfordfamily, August 23, 2018, 09:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandfordfamily

Just purchased a Silver Series boxcar that has the end-of-train device.  I was wondering if there is anything special I need to do or know.  For example - what about DCC - can I just put in on the track and go? Also, I like to paint the underbody and trucks of all my rolling stock - is there anything special about removing the truck that has the device?

rich1998

I bought one about five years ago that came mounted on an a HO freight truck. It was for DC or DCC. Put it on one of my freight cars and bought the matching truck. I don't remember the brand but it work just fine on DCC. I will try to find out which brand. Stored somewhere.

Edit.
It was sold by Ring Engineering. DC and DCC Bachmann sold one also. Worked on DC and DCC I just Googled it.

Rich

Joe323

I have one of those Bachmann EOT devices they work fine in DCC.

Trainman203

The only EOTD on my layout is a caboose.😱😂😂🤪😂

RAM

Trainman203

Yes, the 940 and sisters were THE Raton Pass pushers.

Edward2

Are Ring brand EOTs compatible with Bachman models?

rich1998

The one I had replaced the truck. Been some years but I do not remember any issues.The EOT and truck are one assembly.

Rich

Edward2

Are there any tail lamps (like the ones shown inThomas & Friends) that you can find online and attach to rolling stock that light up when you attach it to rolling stock? I am referring to the ones you see on British freight trains.

Len

You could probably make your own using the ideas shown here:
http://s374444733.websitehome.co.uk/cl-rearlite/index.htm

The outer case could be modified to whatever shape you need.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.