News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Leapfrog Unit Needed

Started by ebtnut, December 14, 2007, 02:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtnut

I need a Leapfrog unit to control an old Soudtraxx DC throttle unit I am acquiring from a friend.  These devices convert the infrared signal from the hand-held controller to a radio signal, which is transmitted to a receiver you place in front of your base units where the signal is converted back to infrared.  It gives you complete walk-around freedom with no worry about wires or aiming at an infrared receiver.  I have the base station--I just need the small transmitter unit that goes on the hand-held.  I haven't seen these marketed in a couple of years (they were actually intended for the TV/hi-fi folks who wanted more flexibile control of their units from anywhere in a room).  Any help from anyone out there?

Dan Love

There's some universal ones I saw using google.

Dan

glennk28

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with those units.  If you find a source--let me know--gj

ebtnut

Dan:  Thanks for the reply.  I'll check out Google. :)

wamcm

Hi,

I have a couple of leapfrog units that I used for the old SOUNDTRAXX IR throttles too.  I also still have a couple of SOUNDTRAXX throttles.  Don't use them any more since I switched to DCC.

Contact me off-line.

Bill McMillan, MMR

ebtnut

Thanks for the reply, Bill.  I'll be in touch.
Thanks

wamcm

EBTNUT,

Guess my email is hidden.   Use wamcm@comcast.net.

Bill