Started by kevin2083, December 15, 2007, 10:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2083

I'm looking for some decals for the CPLT (see signature). I came across
this:
Harold-King  B-1040 HO Boxcar Cascade Green 50' (5-77) Wht decal

http://www.trainweb.org/foothill/cpltmodels.html

is it suppposed to say "Hearld King"?

I've searched Ebay, google, yahoo, and, of coarse, good search. The only thing I found was the site above.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Dr EMD

HERALD KING Decals
Note: Herald King has gone out of business since 2001.

Their last known contact are
Mail: Miller Advertising, PO Box 1133, Bettendorf, IA 52722
Phone: (319) 355-8860

They offered some really good artwork on little known roads (as well as for some EMD decals)

Good luck!
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

jayl1

According to a recent post on the Atlas forum, HK is in the process of coming back - at a possible cost of $5 for the decal & $5 for shipping.  I suggest you go to the Atlas forum  & do a search for "Herald King".  That should bring up this information.

Dr EMD

Yep, their website is up on 11 Dec 2007. I see they got 217 hits already when I just checked.

Here's the link
http://www.heraldkingdecals.com/

kevin2083

Thanks for the replies and links. I really didn't expect to hear that they were back in business. Any hope of the price coming down a little?
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

taz-of-boyds

I would say, just buy the decals, and help support the industry or something like that.  As I hope for N scale decal sources in the future...

Charles

kevin2083

I guess the price is fine for the decals, but 4.95 for shipping seems like a little much for a sheet of decals.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Dr EMD

Shipping is a bit high even for just one set. It seems you have to submit a request in order to see if it is in stock. I don't think the decals are "fresh".

I just brought some decals from Max Gray's old decal company and paid only $1.50 for postage on 4 sets.

taz-of-boyds

Yea, the shipping does seem high, who knows why...
Charles