News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Which DCC System to get

Started by Roelf, December 19, 2007, 12:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

I am thinking the original question has to do with the DCC signal itself ( known as the packet ). I am guessing it is for it must conform to standards although I am sure Bachmann has proprietary information encoded in the signal. If you are a locomotive you don't care where the packet comes from as long as it is decodable. Which DCC system to get ? get the most modern would be my two cents worth.

prebres

I have the EZ-Command system. I like it a great deal. It is very easy to use, and has most features you may be looking for. As for programming, it is limited, but not much. You cant change individual CV values. But for the money, it's a great choice. If you get to the point where you need to do serious programming, then either upgrade to a new system, use a freind's, or do it at a shop. My local shop will let me use their Digitrax system anytime I need to. Become friends with your local shop, you will get more than good deals, you'll get advice, help, and access to all sorts of "toys" that you may want to use, but really don't need to buy.