News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Polar Express

Started by Anthony P, December 25, 2007, 06:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennW

Forget the Polar Express. Make your RR the North Pole & Southern. Make up your own paint scheme. (Unless you want to run some Polar Express Agency express cars).

max (uk)

Quote from: jsmvmd on December 27, 2007, 10:44:02 AM
Dear Max (UK),

I recently found a site that explained how to convert your O gauge engines to r/c battery power.  This would allow you to run O scale (2-rail) on O gauge (3-rail) track, and vice versa.

If you are interested, I will look for it and post here.

Best Wishes & Happy New Year!

Jack

Jack,

If you do have the time. I would be very thankful for a link to that webite. As i already know some one who has a Lionel engine and is planning to do this. Overall this is a good idea. As i do have some plasic track that i think is O gauge. Also i noticed that Lionel have just brought out a new Harry Potter set. Which is to a very high quality. Do you think it would be possible to convert  it to the English prototpye.

StanierJack

Quote from: max (uk) on December 31, 2007, 02:52:12 PM
Quote from: jsmvmd on December 27, 2007, 10:44:02 AM
Dear Max (UK),

I recently found a site that explained how to convert your O gauge engines to r/c battery power.  This would allow you to run O scale (2-rail) on O gauge (3-rail) track, and vice versa.

If you are interested, I will look for it and post here.

Best Wishes & Happy New Year!

Jack

Jack,

If you do have the time. I would be very thankful for a link to that webite. As i already know some one who has a Lionel engine and is planning to do this. Overall this is a good idea. As i do have some plasic track that i think is O gauge. Also i noticed that Lionel have just brought out a new Harry Potter set. Which is to a very high quality. Do you think it would be possible to convert  it to the English prototpye.

Yes, you could make a GWR hall out of one, I have already started. But if you are after 3 rail O gauge British Stock, look up basset lowke or ACE trains.

max (uk)

Well thats the point. Im not.  :P Im sort of looking for O gauge 2 rail stock. But i thought a Lionel Hall would be a bit differnt from that of normal O gauge RTR stock such as a Heljan class 47 etc.

StanierJack

Quote from: max (uk) on December 31, 2007, 04:51:36 PM
Well thats the point. Im not.  :P Im sort of looking for O gauge 2 rail stock. But i thought a Lionel Hall would be a bit differnt from that of normal O gauge RTR stock such as a Heljan class 47 etc.

Buy finescale then...

max (uk)

Finescale... Who? What do they make?

StanierJack

Quote from: max (uk) on January 01, 2008, 08:07:58 AM
Finescale... Who? What do they make?

Finescale, as in NMRA standards. Lionel is coarse scale, Ie, toy like.

A brass model would be the way to go

kingraptor

Lionel just got the right first and, i support Lionel and the guys saying make you're own, i did.