News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2008 On30 Annual - 4-6-0

Started by japasha, December 27, 2007, 03:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Fardt

At my expected time of arrival, the On30 Annual is here.

Many a fine article and I especially liked the Junk'D pictures..
No talent here to do something like that so I will enjoy the pictures and dream.

Cheers,  TOF

br549

Rich R I knew the difference's thanks...  I  just dont patronize FSRR  :-X
I do miss the Model Railroading  &  I do support the "0n30 Annual" :D

Ned

Received my copy here in Delaware today.

I tend to feel the same way as TOF. Not sure if I'm more inspired to get started or depressed knowing my talents come no where near that of the contributors!

Ned

OGReditor

Received my On30 Annual yesterday, and spent the good part of a relaxing evening reading it.  Since I finished erecting the benchwork for my new On30 pike just the day before, the timing of this publication's arrival could not have been better.  Definitely a good read!

I'm looking forward to getting my ever-growing inventory of Bachmann locomotives and rolling stock up and running again.  Before that can happen, though, I need to spend a healthy chunk of money on Micro  Engineering On30 track and switches.  I have one of MRC's Control Master 20 power packs available for initial running, but plan to use Bachmann's new DCC system in the future.

C.S.R.R. Manager

The On30 Annual finally arrived here yesterday, and the 4-6-0 project looks great.  The overall composition looks "right", but the 1900 style paint scheme really makes it work visually.  I've got to try my own version now, as soon as I have time.  Mike was right, the article glosses over the details, and some additional "in progress" photos would be very helpful.

I think this was the best On30 Annual yet, almost as if the editor was reading my "to-do" list.  I've been thinking of making my Forney into a 2-4-0 tender engine for some time, and the article describing that process will save me lots of aggravation.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The Annual has definitely come of age! Every article has  something to teach, and the quality is first-rate. Thanks to Carstens for stepping in to rescue and  improve a great magazine, and to Chris Lane for his outstanding work!
One complaint: it's not the On30 QUARTERLY!
Have fun!
the Bach-man
PS: Hopefully, it will ultimately be MONTHLY!

peterherron

I would definitely add that to my subscription list!  Do you have an "in" at Carstens you could use to champion this cause??

Peter

C.S.R.R. Manager

An On30 Annual would be my subscription list!

br549

kendoitall

Got mine today, and the quality is as always, first rate.
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!