News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO SD-45 loco

Started by oso2you, January 01, 2008, 07:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oso2you

I received an SD-45DCC "BeeLine" for Christmas.  I am running it on my DC layout.  I ran it to check it out and it makes a lot of noise. The noise is a low pitched whirring/rumbling sound and you can feel the vibrations through the table. Don't think this is supposed to be.  My son and I installed the dummy plug in the decoder thinking it might help eliminate the noise but it did not.  My Atlas loco is many times quieter than this one.

Any advice appreciated. I might have to send it back if nothing stops this unusual noise.

Don

the Bach-man

Dear Don,
It might be a good idea to remove and reinstall the body shell, in the event something has been jarred into contact with the shell. While you're at it, a light lube should help as well.
If this doesn't help, contact the service department.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

kevin2083

From what I've heard, most B-mann DCC diesels make a good bit of noise. I thought is was just that one that I had, too, until I got 2 more and they did the same thing. They're very well priced, so I don't let it bother me. If it just gets too unbearable, you can probably find a drop in reclacement board, B-mann is pretty popular so there's a good chance that what you're looking for is out there.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||